Beginners and Beyond

Out with the old, in with the new New Year's DAILIES (Read 42 times)

LRB

LRB, hope you got your run in.

I sure did.  I even wrote a song about it, like to hear it here it go!

StepbyStep-SH

Sad

If I could do a marathon, I'd come out and run with you!  Big grin

And we'd find some fabulous place with gluten-free food and drink to celebrate! Smile

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

DavePNW

If I could do a marathon, I'd come out and run with you!  Big grin

You're too busy doing 6-hour races. 

Dave

Hip Redux

And we'd find some fabulous place with gluten-free food and drink to celebrate! Smile

YES!  (the local cupcake place that does good GF cupcakes was closed today, wahhhh)

LRB

Seeing so many of my FB friends register for races today, I feel a little left out.

You need new friends!

LRB

You are a better man than me. Not going out in that shit.

It was not bad at all but that is a matter of perspective I guess.  While I froze my **** off shoveling snow for 20 minutes!  >:-/

DaveP - good day for a treadmill

Rick - way to beat old man winter

Beth - tough training, good luck

D^2 - cool series, are you looking forward to 20 at MP? Tongue

Free - snow boots are not regular shoes?

Ric-G - football is always welcome

D - yay Trixie

Lauren - keep those legs healthy

Basya - happy new year

Lily - a nice day off

Step - hoping you can fend off those little injuries and still work on a BQ

Marjorie - good 10.2

18.05 miles, 16 degrees, zero wind, zero white stuff coming down yet.  With my new therma-fit hoodie and thick wool mittens, it was very comfortable.

DavePNW

18.05 miles, 16 degrees, zero wind, zero white stuff coming down yet.  With my new therma-fit hoodie and thick wool mittens, it was very comfortable.

Score!

Dave

Hip Redux

The wind is really the make or break for winter running.  I did 8 degrees with a brutal wind a few weeks ago and I thought I was going to be frozen out there as a icicle.   Today was about the same temp but zero wind - and it was pretty comfortable once you got moving.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Eh, he looks cute in them but some of his pants won't fit over them and it looks goofy. Plus he needs some for just around the house.

Next Monday is saying 6 degrees here...... of course that can always change.

Free - snow boots are not regular shoes?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Lauren719, sweet short run.

Lily, have an excellent twelve-miles.

Tom, feel good.

(((Shari))))

Marjorie, brava on the 10.2.

Jay, awesome 18.05.

1.0 mile at 6.8mph (8:49), plus ten minutes to cool down. I could have gone for six, but I had to cut it short. An old buddy whom I hadn't seen in a while called and asked to meet for tea. I ain't passing up that opportunity! Weights+abs+push-ups at home tonight.

LRB

The wind is really the make or break for winter running. 

True.

happylily

Basya, 1 mile is better than nothing. Friendships should always come first.

Shari, I see a BQ for you in the fall. You need 3:40, right? And your PR is 3:50? Very very doable, if you use the Spring to train for a "one step closer to BQ" marathon. Are you close to Windsor Ontario? I know a good little marathon there, flat and friendly, third week of September. You would probably have time to get in your registration for Boston 2015. 

12 miles @ 8:36 pace. Not fast, but after yesterday's faster run, and because I'm aiming for 60 this week, and especially considering all the sugar and alcohol still circulating in my system, I think it was an ok pace for a MLR. Now back to my movie marathon with SO.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

StepbyStep-SH

Basya, 1 mile is better than nothing. Friendships should always come first.

Shari, I see a BQ for you in the fall. You need 3:40, right? And your PR is 3:50? Very very doable, if you use the Spring to train for a "one step closer to BQ" marathon. Are you close to Windsor Ontario? I know a good little marathon there, flat and friendly, third week of September. You would probably have time to get in your registration for Boston 2015. 

12 miles @ 8:36 pace. Not fast, but after yesterday's faster run, and because I'm aiming for 60 this week, and especially considering all the sugar and alcohol still circulating in my system, I think it was an ok pace for a MLR. Now back to my movie marathon with SO.

Actually, I'm getting old - I only need 3:45. And I did run 3:51 2 years ago, but my marathons this year were all 4:25-4:35.

I really wish I were closer to you and could come up there! But fall is a very tough time for me to get away for more than a very short weekend due to DH's job and travels. It looks like that would be about a 10-hour drive for me.

You are probably right, though, that targeting fall for a BQ attempt makes more sense than trying to hammer it out this spring. If I could just get under 4 again this spring, I would have some confidence going into a fall race.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Just B.S.

Actually, I'm getting old - I only need 3:45. And I did run 3:51 2 years ago, but my marathons this year were all 4:25-4:35.

I really wish I were closer to you and could come up there! But fall is a very tough time for me to get away for more than a very short weekend due to DH's job and travels. It looks like that would be about a 10-hour drive for me.

You are probably right, though, that targeting fall for a BQ attempt makes more sense than trying to hammer it out this spring. If I could just get under 4 again this spring, I would have some confidence going into a fall race.

So depressing when people so much younger than me call themselves old.