Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: A chance to set the tone (Read 38 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

For perspective: here is a view from the top floor of the tallest building in that picture looking back at you....

Not from today, unfortunately. lol

I was going to ask where the sun is?

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Zelanie

No. Windsor. I am looking at the GM building formerly called The Renaissance building.

cyberic  I recall you're from Montreal?  We dodged the snow bullet and just had rain.

Cool!  Enjoy!

Cyberic

No. Windsor. I am looking at the GM building formerly called The Renaissance building.

cyberic  I recall you're from Montreal?  We dodged the snow bullet and just had rain.

Yep, from Montreal. Up here I'd rather have snow because almost everytime it rains, it gets very cold a few hours after and the sidewalks become nightmares for days, even weeks sometimes.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am at the end of downtown, so I get to see I-95.  But look at those clouds (forecast says partially cloudy):

Damaris

LRB

A five day stretch in the 50's starting on Friday? I would say!

With any luck, I'll be getting that next week! 👍☀

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I was going to ask where the sun is?

It's down here....

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

It's down here....

Lol.

We did have glorious sun while in Cuba. I miss it. Today was nice to see again.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

LRB

I am at the end of downtown, so I get to see I-95.  But look at those clouds (forecast says partially cloudy):

I haven't been to Miami Beach since 2005, I think. Fun times. 

LRB

Good morning!

I ran 6.6 enjoyable miles.  34F, very little wind, clear skies with a bright moon and all the stars - I hope that sets the tone for my week.

Have a great day folks!

Are you running a marathon this month?

onemile

With any luck, I'll be getting that next week! 👍☀

I'm heading to Florida in a week and a half to escape this winter weather but now it's not even bad! 

onemile

Are you running a marathon this month?

I hope not!

Baboon

delicate flower

Interesting exchange I had with an older guy in the pool locker room last week.  He was asking me about my swimming, when I go, how far I swim, how fast I am.  For some reason, the older men at the pool seem genuinely interested in this, as it's not the first conversation like this that I've had.  So he asks me, "So you're a competitive swimmer then?"  I said no, that I just do triathlons but I don't swim competitively.  So he says, "You do triathlons?  So you're a competitive swimmer then."  I hadn't thought of myself as one, but after that conversation, it dawned on me that I guess I am.  I mean, I stink, but I compete.  It was a weird feeling to have that epiphany.  coolstorybro?

<3

onemile

Interesting exchange I had with an older guy in the pool locker room last week.  He was asking me about my swimming, when I go, how far I swim, how fast I am.  For some reason, the older men at the pool seem genuinely interested in this, as it's not the first conversation like this that I've had.  So he asks me, "So you're a competitive swimmer then?"  I said no, that I just do triathlons but I don't swim competitively.  So he says, "You do triathlons?  So you're a competitive swimmer then."  I hadn't thought of myself as one, but after that conversation, it dawned on me that I guess I am.  I mean, I stink, but I compete.  It was a weird feeling to have that epiphany.  coolstorybro?

At my race on Saturday, they called for everyone to line up and asked the elite runners to come to the front.  And I was like, I'm not an elite runner but based on last years results I knew I would probably finish in the top few women.  And I also knew there were no real elite runners there... but still... I felt stupid

DavePNW

At my race on Saturday, they called for everyone to line up and asked the elite runners to come to the front.  And I was like, I'm not an elite runner but based on last years results I knew I would probably finish in the top few women.  And I also knew there were no real elite runners there... but still... I felt stupid

I've had races where they have an "elite start" a few minutes before the rest. Which I've done because usually they specify the pace, otherwise I'm pretty sheepish about it. But I try to start near the front anyway. Some races you just know there's a pretty small handful of people really racing it competitively.

Today is of course my usual SRD, but deciding what to do next. The achilles is still a problem, and I'm thinking about taking the whole week off. Which would suck.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm heading to Florida in a week and a half to escape this winter weather but now it's not even bad! 

What are did you end up deciding upon?  Close to me or less hot as balls?

Damaris