Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES (Read 45 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Little Blue. ...How horrible. Those poor children.

I have 6 today. Maybe 0 though because unfortunately DD2 found her kitty had died over night. The cat was 15.

Sorry to hear that.   One of my cats will turn 15 in May. She was a rescue cat which I personally selected from the shelter.  Gails says jokingly that Lulu knows I was the one that picked her because ever since we brought her home, she follows me around the house where-ever I go.  If i'm in my chair watching TV, she is on the arm of my chair.  If i'm in the computer room, she jumps up onto the table and plops down near me.  And so on and so on, lol.   She seems to be doing okay, but you can tell she is slowing down a lot now.  Don't know how long Gail and I will have left with her; it will be a sad day for us when her time finally comes.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

You gonna eat those while writing your RR?

Are you kidding me? I did not run half marathon pace for a single mile, there ain't enough cheese on the internet to accompany that whine. lol

LRB

Speaking of wine, I am going to happy hour at one of my favorite lunch hangouts for a free appetizer and half off the purple stuff.

I just may go home in a better mood than when I left it. 

LRB

outoftheblue

Twix easter eggs and wine.   What more is there in life?

Rest day for me.  Assessing the damage from yesterday, my hamstrings, esp. my left side, are very sore from knee to butt, but it's a little better today.  I can at least crouch down to pick something off the floor without yelping.    I don't think I have ever felt this sore after a HM before.

Amidst all my whining yesterday, I forgot to mention that I saw a pretty funny (crude, but funny) sign at yesterday's race :

"If it were easy, it would be called your mother."

Life is good.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Managed to get my scheduled 6 mile run in on the trails after the kitty's funeral With my husband.  Wow was it windy out there. Glad it wasn't THAT windy yesterday.

My kids are older but they are still devastated at the loss of their pet. But they will be ok.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I took my rest day today.  And a martini.  Sigh. Salud!

Damaris

workinprogress11

I will join the camp that would like to see some HM race reports no matter what the finish times were.  Y'all know who you are  .  If I only wrote RRs for races I was happy with, I would never write any.

9 really excellent miles today. It made me extremely happy and made me feel like a runner again instead of someone just pounding out miles.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I will join the camp that would like to see some HM race reports no matter what the finish times were. 

Damaris

B-Plus

Are you kidding me? I did not run half marathon pace for a single mile, there ain't enough cheese on the internet to accompany that whine. lol

Well in your defence, I didn't do one either for my recent half @ MP.

happylily

I found a gym in town and was able to run yesterday. I'm a happy camper.  But today I took a rest day, because I felt like it (which is the best reason to take a rest day. I think).

Lori, congratulations on the new PR! But so sorry about the kitty... :-(

(((OOTB))), I read about your difficulties yesterday and I can totally relate. It's been 3 months since my last marathon and I am now barely starting to feel like I'm ready to train again. Sometimes, it just takes longer than usual and we can't blame ourselves for that. Don't give up, keep up the work, but don't feel stressed over it.

I would definitely be very happy if we could have more RRs to read.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day. DH and I went out to dinner and once we got back, I didn't feel like doing anything. Doesn't help that I didn't sleep well last night. At least the next two weeks are short work weeks.

BerthaSlayer, Sorry to hear about the kitty. That is hard no matter how old the pet.

Cyberic

Was not supposed to run. But at the last minute I realized that it was not me accompanying DD to her soccer practice, but her mom. So I ran a bit, less than 5 miles, very easy, with a full stomach ( I ate like someone who's gonna sit on a bench in a high school gym) - burp.

From the Internet.

Managed to get my scheduled 6 mile run in on the trails after the kitty's funeral With my husband.  Wow was it windy out there. Glad it wasn't THAT windy yesterday.

My kids are older but they are still devastated at the loss of their pet. But they will be ok.

Sorry for the loss of the kitty Sad I'm almost 30 and losing pets still devastates me!

Slept most of the day, keeping food down fine but nauseated, feverish and achy so run obviously did not happen. Kid is feeling better too, thankful that it was a short-lived stomach bug.

onemile

I decided to take off today since I have run the last 10 days in a row and it's raining out.