Beginners and Beyond

It'sOctFridailies (Read 22 times)

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

might as well kick off the new month!

4 easy in the Asics Metaspeed Sky shoes. They felt pretty good but might have a slight rub on my outside left ankle. That would be a problem over a longer distance. I'll try them again for a 6-8 miler at some point but might be iffy to bank on them for my Freep race shoe...

forgot to add my hour or so of strength training post run. Given how my legs feel, I'm surprised I forgot!

is there anybody out there?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training this morning. Will run after work.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Yes, I'm out here, but slept in again, so no early morning run.  Will try to get 5 done sometime today, but need to hang around the house until the roofer can come take a look (he was candid in saying he didn't know when he'd be stopping by).

Sunday looks like mid 60s to start the race and close to 70 by the end, with a dew point around 60.  Not exactly PR weather, but I've run in much worse.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Sunday looks like mid 60s to start the race and close to 70 by the end, with a dew point around 60.  Not exactly PR weather, but I've run in much worse.

that's a bit toasty but at least it's coming off summer heat training

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I am off today so I went to PT and later I will either run 5 or 0 and Pilates.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

I took the day off because 3 day weekends are better than 2 days. No running today but am planning on going for a hike here soon. High 86 today 

Half Crazy K 2.0

Baltimore Running Festival is still a go for next Saturday. And they are having a full indoor expo open to the public Technically, there is a mask mandate indoors in Baltimore City.

Another fun fact, the convetion center will also be doing covid testing that day. It's one of the city's mass test sites. What could possibly go wrong here?

bluerun

Super B****

Because I hate myself, I did this Sisyphus Session Hill Workout (I do. not. like. hills). And then I got whacked in the knee by a broomstick on the way home because someone who was sweeping the sidewalk decided it was necessary to fling the broom about to sweep around tree roots, and I couldn't get away from him in time because: tree. So that's fun. And now my knee hurts. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Because I hate myself, I did this Sisyphus Session Hill Workout (I do. not. like. hills). And then I got whacked in the knee by a broomstick on the way home because someone who was sweeping the sidewalk decided it was necessary to fling the broom about to sweep around tree roots, and I couldn't get away from him in time because: tree. So that's fun. And now my knee hurts. 

that sounds brutal! The hill workout and, maybe, the broom whack!

delicate flower

I ran 5 good miles before work in the best running weather there is:  46 degrees, clear skies, no humidity, and no wind.  Some sunshine would have been nice, but it was an hour before sunrise lmao.

My company wants to feature me on social media for the marathon next week that they sponsor since I am running, so they asked me a bunch of questions and wanted pics from a prior race.  That's kind of cool.   I am sure social media comments on the post will all be friendly.  Smile

<3

bluerun

Super B****

that sounds brutal! The hill workout and, maybe, the broom whack!

It would have been worse, I suppose, if the broom whack had come first!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

My company wants to feature me on social media for the marathon next week that they sponsor since I am running, so they asked me a bunch of questions and wanted pics from a prior race.  That's kind of cool.   I am sure social media comments on the post will all be friendly.  Smile

A star is born?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice, Baboon!

Damaris

Cyberic

10 and a half,.with a few strides at the end.

Cyberic

Because I hate myself, I did this Sisyphus Session Hill Workout (I do. not. like. hills).

Interesting.