Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES. I think. (Read 38 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

LRB - here it is, served up hot!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Fuck.  Expo closes at 4pm, not at 7pm.  I better hurry because I'm around 4 hours away.

Damaris

outoftheblue

Having some coffee before I drive down the the HS to use their track for a 10X100 workout with a few easy miles afterwards.  Then I'm settling in for some quality football watching.

Yesterday was a set back for the chickens as a weasel got in the coop and killed one. Vicious little creatures. They just eat the head the leave the rest. We've baited some traps and hope to catch it before it strikes again.  They can squeeze thru a hole the size of a quarter, so it's pretty much impossible to weasel-proof their outside yard.    The things I'm learning about farm life.

Shari -- 22 miles on a treadmill? That sounds brutal, but probably good for mental toughness.  At least that what Lily says 

Damaris -- I didn't realize you were running Disney again this year.  Hope you have a good day!

Happy running everyone else.  Stay warm and dry.

Life is good.

Ric-G

10 miles this AM...around the house jobs soon and football later...

step - good luck on the 22

blue - those weasels can be nasty

have a great day everyone!

marathon pr - 3:16

Zelanie

Shari- Good luck on the TM!

jjs- Your "broody" comment made me literally LOL yesterday. Smile

So yesterday's LR didn't go so well, and became a MLR of 9 instead.  I won't try to redo the long run, but I am trying to decide whether to make up the miles.  I only have a RD and an easy run scheduled for this weekend, so it would be doable.  But maybe the extra recovery would be better?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rest day for me, house cleaning, coffee and playing with my moji foot massage thing.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MothAudio

Good morning Step! Friday: SRD. Came here to justify the margins on my text and the thread I click on is from you. Don't recall my record for distance on the TM but your workout tops it. Be sure to report back any comments from the peanut gallery. Is the TM set up for auto-shut off or does it run continuous? Yeah, today I run! It's supposed to rain all day but it's 50° [or will be] so who cares. Getting psyched for the games later.

Run inspired!

8 miles 1:18:00 - 9:45 avg. pace - easy. Stiff and sore, not exactly what I was looking for. Tossed the flat Spenco insoles under my orthotics. Made a difference - more like the shoes feel sans the stiff orthotic. Preventitive measure to curb the mid-foot bone bruising I encountered twice in 2013. Something I should do on a rotational basis just to be cool.

Trophy shop called yesterday and said our fantasy football trophy was ready. Here's the 2013 Champion!

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

happylily

GODDAMMIT... I just broke my third TM in 6 years... At mile 9.82 of my 18 miler, I heard a very loud BANG! and the TM went from 7.3 mph to about 1 mph... I almost fell... I pressed the stop button and had the very smart idea of stepping off the platform. Then I pushed 7 on the speed dial and the stupid thing went to about 100 mph! It's like there is nothing to control the speed anymore... Stupid piece of crap cost me $1500. I guess I'll have to leave the baby shower party early tomorrow and get myself to the local gym to start my LR over again. Anyway, today was 9.82 miles at about 8:25 pace... grrr...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

The more I think about it, the more I realize that my world has just collapsed.Maybe I should start a thread about it, because it really is a tragedy.

outoftheblue

What a bummer Lily.  Hope you can find a good repair person to come out and fix it.

GODDAMMIT... I just broke my third TM in 6 years... At mile 9.82 of my 18 miler, I heard a very loud BANG! and the TM went from 7.3 mph to about 1 mph... I almost fell... I pressed the stop button and had the very smart idea of stepping off the platform. Then I pushed 7 on the speed dial and the stupid thing went to about 100 mph! It's like there is nothing to control the speed anymore... Stupid piece of crap cost me $1500. I guess I'll have to leave the baby shower party early tomorrow and get myself to the local gym to start my LR over again. Anyway, today was 9.82 miles at about 8:25 pace... grrr...

Life is good.

happylily

What a bummer Lily.  Hope you can find a good repair person to come out and fix it.

Thanks, Linda! How was your foot today? So sorry about that poor chicken... :-( It must be quite sad to find the remains behind. Why eat only the head? Gruesome... And the other chickens must have been terrified when it happened. Does it affect egg production when they are stressed?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Julie that sucks, I am really glad you got off that thing before hitting the 7.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

Julie that sucks, I am really glad you got off that thing before hitting the 7.

Me too...  I never completely trust machines...

outoftheblue

Thanks, Linda! How was your foot today? So sorry about that poor chicken... :-( It must be quite sad to find the remains behind. Why eat only the head? Gruesome... And the other chickens must have been terrified when it happened. Does it affect egg production when they are stressed?

It's feeling good enough for me to try the track workout today.  I'll see how it is after that.

Surprisingly, the attack happened so quickly, that the other chickens weren't stressed and egg production is at full speed.  Who knows why weasels only eat the head.  I count myself lucky, however.  I've read that some weasels enjoy killing for sport and people have found their entire flock taken out by one weasel.   Traps were empty this morning.  Hopefully the weasel just moves on.

Life is good.

Hip Redux

6.6 miles in the rain.  Woot.