Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES. I think. (Read 38 times)

happylily

22.5 miles. Done. First 8 miles went quickly, thanks to having a friend on the next treadmill to chat with. Another friend checked in and chatted a few minutes around Mile 13. Podcasts kept me somewhat entertained until about Mile 18, then I switched to music. Breaks for gel and/or water refills at Miles 8, 15 and 20. Last 4 miles I included some faster segments because the slow pace was almost feeling tougher, and I had to stand on the sides from time to time to stretch a bit and loosen up my hips.
    Only truly sore spots now are my toes - not sure if that is the result of the shoes (I don't think I've done more than 12 miles in these before) or being on the TM. But my body is definitely tired. Refueld with HuHot Mongolian Grill and ColdStone Creamery, now resting with my feet up for a little while before tackling housework.

Julie - Glad you weren't hurt when the TM broke. Hope you can get it fixed. And as for rabbit - tastes like chicken. My grandparents used to raise rabbits for meat.
    OOTB - Bummer about the chickens. Hope you either catch the weasel or it finds someplace else to hunt.

Kudos to all of you out there in cold rain.

Amazing job, Shari! Congratulations, that was a tough workout, physically and mentally. I'd say you are now ready for 26.2 miles. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

StepbyStep-SH

And you know your legs are tired when you really have to use the bathroom, but don't want to get off the couch and walk there.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ouch, Lily!

We made it before 3, so everything is done and I am now eating lunch.

Damaris

outoftheblue

Blue, I would lie in wait for that fuck with a small arm.  I did it before with rodents attacking my garden at 3:00 am and got them little fucks!

My husband got up at 7 in the morning to do just that.  No luck though.

Life is good.

DavePNW

And you know your legs are tired when you really have to use the bathroom, but don't want to get off the couch and walk there.

Been there, done that....

Dave

Zelanie

Got this in the mail today.

I am thinking about switching over to Daniels for my HM training, particularly since the group track workouts are usually done by T, I, and R pace.  But it won't be easy to just pick up and go with.  Maybe I will stick with what I have now and read through it.

onemile

22.5 miles. Done. First 8 miles went quickly, thanks to having a friend on the next treadmill to chat with. Another friend checked in and chatted a few minutes around Mile 13. Podcasts kept me somewhat entertained until about Mile 18, then I switched to music. Breaks for gel and/or water refills at Miles 8, 15 and 20. Last 4 miles I included some faster segments because the slow pace was almost feeling tougher, and I had to stand on the sides from time to time to stretch a bit and loosen up my hips.
                Only truly sore spots now are my toes - not sure if that is the result of the shoes (I don't think I've done more than 12 miles in these before) or being on the TM. But my body is definitely tired. Refueld with HuHot Mongolian Grill and ColdStone Creamery, now resting with my feet up for a little while before tackling housework.

22 on the TM? I can't even imagine. Wow. I'm impressed.

LRB

Step, incredible!

Zel, I want that book!

Supp One!

American Hustle was too slow for my tastes.  Oh well, the pizza was worth it at least!

Will run for scenery.

Great job, Shari.  I can't even imagine !

OOTB : My sister (a vegan)  has 3 chickens, which are basically pets.   She eats the eggs, since they're humane, cage free, unfertilized and whatnot.  One day a fox got into the pen, and she ran out and was able to save Fern from being killed.  But Fern was very badly hurt and (after some serious vet bills) was put on a regime of antibiotics.  I always got a kick out of the idea of cage-free, natural, humane chicken eggs laced with antibiotics.  Anyway, after the incident, sis bought a rifle (okay, it was a BB gun) and dragged her rocking chair out to the back porch.  Sad story, but also kind of hilarious.

AFM, mountain hike of 6-ish miles, with a 2500' climb, two emergency stops in the bushes, and a frosty cold Margarita afterwards.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Will run for scenery.

Lily, sorry about the TM and very glad you didn't get hurt !

But still, busting the ball(bearing)s of your TM is pretty badass.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

If you see a weasel Tom, shoot it, with the other lens. Wink

I'd probably have to do it lens-less, but I should be able to get it anyway! Smile

Can you make soup out of a weasel?

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Step - amazing run on the TM. I don't think I've ever gotten past 5 miles on mine. Just too doggone boring for me. Plus, it's too easy to just stop. At least when I run outside, I have to get back to where I started. That's enough incentive to keep going.

Zelanie - good book. I have, I think, edition 2. It doesn't read like a story book, that's for sure. It is full of good information though. If you're already training for a goal race, I'd stay stick with what you've set up. But read the book anyway because there will be information that you can probably apply to what you're doing now.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Anybody else find it easier to go for a run or go work out than it is to eat, or am I the only one?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Will run for scenery.

Anybody else find it easier to go for a run or go work out than it is to eat, or am I the only one?

No.  Nobody.  Anywhere.  Ever.

Is this a troll question ?  

I want pie.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Hip Redux