Good race pics (Read 117 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice pic!

My favorite:

And some I like (meaning, I don't look hideous):

Damaris

Love the Half

BTW, my pic is from the Charleston Distance Run this year.  This pic is from my first Charleston Distance Run in 2008.  I may have dropped a pound or 30 since then.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

LRB

BTW, my pic is from the Charleston Distance Run this year.  This pic is from my first Charleston Distance Run in 2008.  I may have dropped a pound or 30 since then.

Huge difference, and you were smiling.  Ignorance truly is bliss. Now you are a running snob with zero patience for those who have the bliss you once had.  lol

Love the Half

Bliss is for those who aren't running hard enough.  

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Little Blue

That's a pretty impressive before-during-and-after shot.

Love the Half

Believe it or not, that pic from the 2008 CDR was after I'd already dropped 40 or 50 pounds.

Cyberic

Nice pics everyone!

LTH, amazing weight loss.

Zel, nice to see the picture from your avatar. And as mentioned before, the floater is very cool.

Damaris, you seem to always have nice matching running kits.

bluerun, I bet that race was not in July Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice pics everyone!

LTH, amazing weight loss.

Zel, nice to see the picture from your avatar. And as mentioned before, the floater is very cool.

Damaris, you seem to always have nice matching running kits.

bluerun, I bet that race was not in July Smile

Doh. of course.  Otherwise, my head might explode.

Damaris

Cyberic

Doh. of course.  Otherwise, my head might explode.

And you don't want that, of course, as it would leave your pretty clothes all messed up Big grin

happylily

If I try to smile when I race, I look like an imbecile. It's best if I just completely ignore the race photographers. Then I just look like a bitchy old fool (which is much better than an imbecile, of course).

But after that race ^, nothing could have wiped the silly grin off of my face...  Those brief moments of total happiness are worth all the hard training we all do.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

bluerun

Super B****

If I try to smile when I race, I look like an imbecile. It's best if I just completely ignore the race photographers. Then I just look like a bitchy old fool (which is much better than an imbecile, of course).

Oh, boy, do I ever have photographic evidence of this… except it is mortifying and I don't think anyone needs to see that.  

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Oh, boy, do I ever have photographic evidence of this…

I am such a dis-associative runner that 90% of the time I never know who the F the photographers are and the resulting pics are usually of me looking down.  On the rare occasion I do notice someone with a camera and perk up, those photographs seem to never appear anywhere.

DavePNW

I am such a dis-associative runner that 90% of the time I never know who the F the photographers are and the resulting pics are usually of me looking down.  On the rare occasion I do notice someone with a camera and perk up, those photographs seem to never appear anywhere.

I usually notice the photographers, but never sure what to do. Look at the camera and smile? Stare straight ahead with an intense, focused look on my face? Make a strange hand gesture & turn it into my avi pic? Once in a while I like to show them how I really feel at that moment, a pic LRB remembers.

Dave

LRB

I usually notice the photographers, but never sure what to do.

A) Look at the camera and smile?

B) Stare straight ahead with an intense, focused look on my face?

C) Make a strange hand gesture & turn it into my avi pic?

D) Once in a while I like to show them how I really feel at that moment...

lmfao at D, but would choose B.  Although I have my share of D as well.

happylily

I usually notice the photographers, but never sure what to do. Look at the camera and smile? Stare straight ahead with an intense, focused look on my face? Make a strange hand gesture & turn it into my avi pic? Once in a while I like to show them how I really feel at that moment, a pic LRB remembers.

For the love of God, NOOOO!!!!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010