Beginners and Beyond

Good race pics (Read 117 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

That's a great pic, LTH.

and Zel, I love the full picture of your avatar - a floater - cool!

Zel, I think you should use your underwater picture from CR.   Kind of a floater.

LRB

Kind of a floater.

Only a little. lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

For the love of God, YESSSSS!!!!

FYP

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

I usually notice the photographers, but never sure what to do. Look at the camera and smile? Stare straight ahead with an intense, focused look on my face? Make a strange hand gesture & turn it into my avi pic? Once in a while I like to show them how I really feel at that moment, a pic LRB remembers.

The thing to do when you notice photographers is apparently ignore them.  Any good race pictures I have were taken when I didn't notice them, or pretended I didn't.  When I acknowledge them is when the scary stuff starts to happen. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Love the Half

BTW, here is what I looked like roughly 4 miles later in that miserable race.  Rarely has a photograph so accurately captured how I felt.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Little Blue

Can I be a party pooper?  It sure doesn't look to me like Zel's pic is a floater.  It's a super picture, yep it is.  But the back foot is bent like it's pushing off, and there is no shadow under it.

If I don't understand photography and physics, just slap my hand and I'll sit quietly in the corner.

Love the Half

Can I be a party pooper?  It sure doesn't look to me like Zel's pic is a floater.  It's a super picture, yep it is.  But the back foot is bent like it's pushing off, and there is no shadow under it.

If I don't understand photography and physics, just slap my hand and I'll sit quietly in the corner.

Yeah, I hate to say it but I agree with you.  A floater is a pic with both feet clearly off the ground.  Look at Fuzzy's and he has one floater with two that are not floaters.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

LRB

The floater Jerry and I are speaking of is an shot of her in the water.

Zelanie

I agree, that race pic is not a floater.  I do have one from the same race that IS a floater, but it's out of focus. 

This, on the other hand, is a floater:

And while we're on the subject of funny race pics, in a 10K this spring, the finish was in sight, the path we were on was ending, and we had to go onto either the road or the sidewalk, and it wasn't marked.  So apparently this is the face I made when I was asking which way to go.  And no, I didn't let that guy catch me, although he tried.

Little Blue

The floater Jerry and I are speaking of is an shot of her in the water.

Ahhhhhhhh, OK.  I hadn't seen the water picture.

Sure glad I don't have to sit in the corner.

DavePNW

And while we're on the subject of funny race pics, in a 10K this spring, the finish was in sight, the path we were on was ending, and we had to go onto either the road or the sidewalk, and it wasn't marked.  So apparently this is the face I made when I was asking which way to go.  And no, I didn't let that guy catch me, although he tried.

This is frustrating. Yes we are all grateful for & appreciative of the volunteers, but you have ONE JOB - keep everyone going in the right direction. We have all done what you are doing above, but shouldn't have to. Especially that late in the race, when you don't have an ounce of energy to spare.

Sincerely,

Grumpy Dave

Dave

happylily

You are such a beautiful woman, Zel!  

I agree, that race pic is not a floater.  I do have one from the same race that IS a floater, but it's out of focus. 

This, on the other hand, is a floater:

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

This is frustrating. Yes we are all grateful for & appreciative of the volunteers, but you have ONE JOB - keep everyone going in the right direction. We have all done what you are doing above, but shouldn't have to. Especially that late in the race, when you don't have an ounce of energy to spare.

Sincerely,

Grumpy Dave

Agreed.  I have screamed at the top of my lungs many times; WHICH FREAKIN WAY?!?!?!  lol

Cyberic

You are such a beautiful woman, Zel!  

I second that

DavePNW

Agreed.  I have screamed at the top of my lungs many times; WHICH FREAKIN WAY?!?!?!  lol

Except I bet you didn't use the word "freakin".

At my HM yesterday, the volunteers & course markings were excellent, even thought it was their first running of that distance.

However there was still the yelling at the slower people from the shorter races to get the eff out of the way.

Dave