Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #8 (Read 36 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I always find downhills never compensate for the bitch uphills.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Of course they don't

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

And sometimes they’re worse.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Of course they don't

Yet still, people always load race courses like: it's a net downhill! Like that helps. In some cases, the race is horribly hilly but yeah net downhill!

Damaris

From the Internet.

I'm alive and attempted a workout. It went well. 3 miles up + 2 miles T (~6:38, 6:36) + 3 minute jog + 4x 30 second hard/90 second recover, cool down to 8 miles total since I was gonna be pretty close already.

Hip behaved, T pace felt way less terrible than I anticipated AND was faster too! I was expecting to struggle my way through a couple of 6:59s just to say I kept it sub-7 and then hate myself for each of the 30 sec hard reps. Upper 6:30s didn't feel too bad and the short reps were a nice way to wrap it up - on any other day I'd have gone for a third T mile just to see if I could keep it up, but I didn't want to push it until I'm further out from the funky hip issue. Heart rate was kind of high - not sure if that's illness, or running too hard because I haven't tempoed in forever, or running the appropriate effort for a tempo for once instead of panicking and holding back, or just a result of a more accurate HRM in the 645 vs my 235.

RunningOnSand

And sometimes they’re worse.

Quad killer 

onemile

or just a result of a more accurate HRM in the 645 vs my 235.

I feel like if I don't tighten the strap on my new garmin in a slightly uncomfortable way, the readings are whacky (giving me tempo /  race effort heart rates for an easy conversational run)

From the Internet.

I feel like if I don't tighten the strap on my new garmin in a slightly uncomfortable way, the readings are whacky (giving me tempo /  race effort heart rates for an easy conversational run)

Ugh looking at the graph now vs just the numbers for each lap and it looks... not right. Like my heart rate didn't go up all that much from late warmup to tempo miles, despite the really obvious pace change, and then barely dropped at all during recoveries, which is not the norm for me at all. I'm gonna cut off circulation to my hand if I tighten it any more than I did. Maybe I'll flip it to the inside of my wrist next time and see if that's any better.

Cyberic

I totally ditched HR

sdWhiskers

Productivity at my work has almost come to a standstill. The dreaded Windows 10 update is underway and things are not going smoothly

bluerun

Super B****

Productivity at my work has almost come to a standstill. The dreaded Windows 10 update is underway and things are not going smoothly

We were told to back everything up for this update, like, two months ago... and they've yet to update my computer 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Came home to a migraine so RD.

Damaris

Cyberic

So all is done, and I am semi-reassured  about my sinus being exposed. Last time he could clearly see it in the hole. This time he doesn't see it but he's not 100% sure it's not exposed at all, so I'll be taking the same precautions as last time, but maybe it's all good,

Of course I still have two holes in my mouth, the bottom required a little scalpel work and stitching, so it's not like I'm jumping around in joy, but it's done and now I can only be cautious and hope for the best. I'm about 50% calm and 50% afraid of a hole forming between my mouth and sinus like last time.

onemile

So all is done, and I am semi-reassured  about my sinus being exposed. Last time he could clearly see it in the hole. This time he doesn't see it but he's not 100% sure it's not exposed at all, so I'll be taking the same precautions as last time, but maybe it's all good,

Of course I still have two holes in my mouth, the bottom required a little scalpel work and stitching, so it's not like I'm jumping around in joy, but it's done and now I can only be cautious and hope for the best. I'm about 50% calm and 50% afraid of a hole forming between my mouth and sinus like last time.

Sounds like it went as well as possible. Fingers crossed.

onemile

I ran 12 with URP and now the taper really begins