Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILIES (Read 44 times)

LRB

Actually I'm anxious to hear all about it, she boarded at our vet for the first time, and they claim to have movie night.

Do report back on that. 

Z, Mia has had as bad a year as me, FFS.

B-Plus

Today's forecast is for smoke. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

3.5 miles on the beach road before I surrendered to the heat and walked back.  A leisurely dip in the pool, now it's time to load up and point it home.  Time to buy the dog back from the boarding kennel.  Actually I'm anxious to hear all about it, she boarded at our vet for the first time, and they claim to have movie night.

Movie night?  What are they going to watch, Marley and Me?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Today's forecast is for smoke. 

Smoke sucks.  Trust me.  Don't run outside, FFS!

Damaris

B-Plus

We've been covered in an orange haze since yesterday. Some wildfires burning way out in the country and the smoke carried it into town. I think I'll run on the treadmill for the first time in who knows how long.

Zelanie

Smoke is a weather?  I don't see that as a RA log option!

LRB

We've been covered in an orange haze since yesterday. Some wildfires burning way out in the country and the smoke carried it into town. I think I'll run on the treadmill for the first time in who knows how long.

I would wear a respirator and run outside. 

B-Plus

I should send this in as a feature request!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It is in weather.  They use it a lot down here during the fires.  It should be in RA!

Damaris

LRB

It should be in RA!

Even in its modest state, it is so nice to be able to stare mindlessly at my log again.

Yes, I am a loser.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Even in its modest state, it is so nice to be able to stare mindlessly at my log again.

Yes, I am a loser.

I think most of us do that.

Damaris

DavePNW

So I may likely take yet another stab at a 5k. There is one I am looking at this weekend, and out of curiosity I checked last year's results (I'm sure none of you do this):

Overall winner = 14:13

Masters winner = 16:13

50-59 AG winner = 18:28

So the bad news is I would not expect any AG placing. The good news is I am guessing it is a fast course. Of course another explanation for the fast times is the fact that they have prize money for the top 5.

Dave

LRB

Overall winner = 14:13

Masters winner = 16:13

50-59 AG winner = 18:28

That's what I'm talking about baby, go run with the best. Doing so will bring the best out of you!

happylily

My running energy is the complete opposite of Dave's at the moment. I was gone on vacation 9 days and I ran much less than I thought I would. Instead, I cycled, hiked and kayaked and it made me realize that I no longer feel like training. Not for a marathon, not for an ultra and not even for a 5k. It's all the same to me and I don't feel like following a schedule right now. I still ran over 60 miles during those 9 days, but I didn't worry about my pace and I didn't hit the mileage that I was supposed to do. I'm going to keep running, but not training, and I'm thinking about buying a new rowing machine. I've owned two in the past and I ended up killing each one through excessive wear. I think I'm now ready for a third machine. So can anyone direct me to the rowing machine forum, please?

Thinking of 10 miles tonight, but I'll report back to correct the number if it changes.

I did do a lot of walking on that beach. Miles and miles everyday.

And I left the island much less white than I was on Canada Day. But I have no proof of it, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

That's a great shot lily, FFS.