Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILIES (Read 44 times)

LRB

I will squeeze in some more after work.

lol

Oh and I almost forgot: Dave, was it a pic of you and THM that I saw in L&O? Did I miss the news of an FE between you and this famous L&Oer while I was gone?

Yes! She was in Seattle visiting her son who lives here, and we went to dinner. It was a lot of fun.

Regarding the lost running energy - both you and onemile will get it back, I'm sure. Both of you have been doing a lot of hard training for a long time, and deserve a break. Maybe Damaris is in the same boat.

I don't know that I've really experienced it, since injuries tend to give me periodic unscheduled breaks, and when I'm healthy I want to try to get the most out of it. I am pretty happy with how things have been going lately, but perpetually in fear of an injury putting an end to the party. Because you just never know when those things will strike. And also wondering if I will get hit with the lost mojo, since it seems to happen to everyone at one point or another.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks, LRB, B+ and D.! The beaches in that province are really wonderful. A bit different, but just as nice as on the West Coast.

I ran 10 slow miles, 8:27 pace. It was hot (29C, or 86F). I had to bring a fan from my bedroom, I could not have done it without it.

I find the fan makes all the difference!

7 miles done.  I felt like Dave did and I suspect that if I had not run them on the TM, I would've run much slower.  Not sure if that is good or bad, LOL.

Dave, unfortunately, I have not even started training.  Sigh.

Damaris

LRB

Upper body weights and core. My ass is really sore from weights yesterday. Now I am clearing my sinuses with a pit beef sandwich with freshly ground horseradish from our garden.

What's pit beef?

And rest dat ass.

Dave, unfortunately, I have not even started training.  Sigh.

Well I just meant you have always been running heavy mileage...I am grateful on behalf of the miles game team, but presumably at some risk of burnout.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

What's pit beef?

And rest dat ass.

Pit beef is a Baltimore thing. Take a hunk of beef, usually round roast, and cook it low and slow in a smoker. What we made probably isn't "true" pit beef because DH rigged up our gas grill with smoking chips, purists would not use a gas grill.  There are pit beef (and pork, turkey, ham, etc) all over this area. Chaps seems to get the most attention, I find it amusing only because somehow every time it is shown on TV, they never show the giant strip club that is right across the parking lot.

LRB

I don't know that I've really experienced it, since injuries tend to give me periodic unscheduled breaks...

It was when I realized this that I started planning breaks into my training schedule. Shit still happens (as the past three months prove), but not because I pushed too hard for too long.

There is a balance that I am trying to find and I think I have, now if I can just stop throwing myself off of ladders and shit I will be just fine.

B-Plus

Thanks, LRB, B+ and D.! The beaches in that province are really wonderful. A bit different, but just as nice as on the West Coast.

I ran 10 slow miles, 8:27 pace. It was hot (29C, or 86F). I had to bring a fan from my bedroom, I could not have done it without it.

Thanks for the celcius! How many km did you run?

happylily

Thanks for the celcius! How many km did you run?

Geeze... you are either lazy or way too young to remember miles. Probably the latter. 1.6 km to a mile, if I'm not mistaken? So 16 km.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Yes! She was in Seattle visiting her son who lives here, and we went to dinner. It was a lot of fun.

Regarding the lost running energy - both you and onemile will get it back, I'm sure. Both of you have been doing a lot of hard training for a long time, and deserve a break. Maybe Damaris is in the same boat.

I don't know that I've really experienced it, since injuries tend to give me periodic unscheduled breaks, and when I'm healthy I want to try to get the most out of it. I am pretty happy with how things have been going lately, but perpetually in fear of an injury putting an end to the party. Because you just never know when those things will strike. And also wondering if I will get hit with the lost mojo, since it seems to happen to everyone at one point or another.

Yes, it makes sense. I haven't really taken a break since my injury in 2013, and that was 7 marathons ago. Sometimes I think I secretly wish for a little injury to happen to me, but I guess a voluntary break is the smarter option.

Onemile is tired because she gave it all in her last two races. It's tough to do that in a span of 12 months.

Enjoy your good health and the high motivation that you are experiencing at the moment. I envy you!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Zelanie

Mia is home!  Hopefully she is on her way to being all better!

Hip Redux

Awesome news!

Hip Redux

Ever heard of having pacers for a 5k?  Local running company puts on an all-women 5k in July and this year they are having pacers.  I don't quite get it.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Great news, hope she feels better.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Ever heard of having pacers for a 5k?  Local running company puts on an all-women 5k in July and this year they are having pacers.  I don't quite get it.

One local-ish 5k had this, wasn't one I did. I think they did it by pace as opposed to finish time.