Beginners and Beyond

Friday: Don't overthink it (Read 37 times)

LRB

It's 39 degrees, oh boy!

What's up?

Cyberic

RD.

10Ks terrify me.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It's 39 degrees, oh boy!

What's up?

It was 46 when we started out this morning, I had gloves on but just shorts and a t-shirt. It was pretty cold for the first 15-20 minutes, but I warmed up.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

on my way to badass

I'm picking wild grapes.  Making jelly today.  Run later.  Hopefully it won't get too warm.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

bluerun

Super B****

It's 39 degrees, oh boy!

What's up?

My HR!  Or not... I ordered that HRM gel on Amazon yesterday, same day delivery, supposed to come by 9 PM.  App says it was delivered.  It was not.  So I called Amazon and bitched to them, as a result of which the gel was canceled and refunded (third party seller via Amazon), and the rest of my order was re-shipped.

This package showed up overnight, so now I will have an awful lot of nutritional yeast.  I did not, however, try the gel, because I wasn't going to get undressed just to get re-dressed a minute later.  And lo and behold... HRM is still wonky.

Anyway.  4.5.  (Unhappy foot, unhappy back.  Fun times.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

If the 630 checks in at a reasonable discount on black Friday, I'm buying that bitch.

Reason for that? I mean, is it to satisfy a need to buy new stuff, change things up, or is it because of new features or the bigger display?

I have thought about it, but when I look at the new features and realize I want none of them, it would only be to have the new hot gadget. There's also the fact that for once I have a watch with a pretty accurate GPS.

MTA: But maybe your arguments will convince me to buy it too 

delicate flower

Good Friday morning, kids!  WOW, what an eventful day already!!  I got up early and did my easy 4 mile run, then stopped at the gas station for a fill up and Free Coffee Friday (score!), then I got to work and got my free flu shot.  Honestly, I'll take all the free vaccinations they want to stick me with.  Vaccination for the Northern Ireland Chipmunk Cough?  Go ahead and stick me!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's a cold 86F here, hoozah!  FFS.  I have my massage therapist appointment and weights tonight.  Asthma is still bad, so happy I won't have time to run.  And this dude better not cancel on me again.

Damaris

onemile

I almost bought a new garmin the other day... but then I cleaned the contacts on it and it started charging again. 

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I jogged 6.6 at Hanson's recovery pace.  A 3:55 marathon gets you an 11:30 recovery pace, if I read the chart correctly.  That's slower than I'm used to, but I can see it being about right after 12-14 miles of hard.

I hope everyone has  a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

Good morning!

I jogged 6.6 at Hanson's recovery pace.  A 3:55 marathon gets you an 11:30 recovery pace, if I read the chart correctly.  That's slower than I'm used to, but I can see it being about right after 12-14 miles of hard.

My experience is that the Easy pace gets about right when you're deep in the plan. At the beginning I was running at my own Easy pace, which was faster. And later my own easy pace became slower to about what the Hansons say.

LRB

Reason for that? I mean, is it to satisfy a need to buy new stuff, change things up, or is it because of new features or the bigger display?

I have thought about it, but when I look at the new features and realize I want none of them, it would only be to have the new hot gadget. There's also the fact that for once I have a watch with a pretty accurate GPS.

MTA: But maybe your arguments will convince me to buy it too 

I have observed in my time since taking up this hobby, that black Friday on Amazon is a day where Garmin prices sometimes are the lowest you are likely ever going to see them. It's not that I need it, but it is by all accounts a really nice piece. At $400 though, it ain't nice enough (the bundle is currently going for $339). If it were to drop below $200 however, I'd sign up for that. So it's basically a case of dollars and sense cents.

LRB

I'm picking wild grapes.  Making jelly today.  Run later.  Hopefully it won't get too warm.

My first thought was wine. 

LRB

Good morning!

Don't worry, your recovery pace will eventually find you!

LRB

I almost bought a new garmin the other day... but then I cleaned the contacts on it and it started charging again. 

Dammit. Almost! lol