Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 33 times)

onemile

Well done. 👍

It seems that morning running agrees with you.

I'm not sure I would say that although I do seem to have gotten used to it to the point where it doesn't feel so horrible

What I am having a hard time with is the overwhelming fatigue in the evening. I think I had more energy when I ran evenings.

onemile

Ran 5 last night after dark.  Today it's supposed to be 110 and I have to work and then go to Portland for a training.

110! 

Ran 5 last night after dark.  Today it's supposed to be 110 and I have to work and then go to Portland for a training.

It's gonna hit 90+ in Seattle, which is crazy for here. But to make it worse we are leaving tomorrow to go to Eugene for a long weekend. Which is like where you are. And oh BTW the A/C is out in my wife's car. But at least we will be in a hotel which has A/C (I hope), as opposed to our house which does not.

12 miles this morning. The route I do every single weekday goes along the north side of Lake Union. Since I started occasionally looking at Strava fly-bys, I see a most people are running a loop around the lake. So I tried that for the first time today. It's a 6-mile loop, and about 1.75 miles to get there, so it's gotta be a ~10+ run to do it. It was not quite as exciting as I imagined, and not as nice of a trail, but it was something different which I guess is good. Requires 2 bridge crossings, which involve going up a bunch of steps. Ended up being kind of slow, although picked it up in the last few miles.

Dave

I'm not sure I would say that although I do seem to have gotten used to it to the point where it doesn't feel so horrible

What I am having a hard time with is the overwhelming fatigue in the evening. I think I had more energy when I ran evenings.

Yes. Sorry this does not go away. You fall sleep more easily, though? I do.

Dave

onemile

Yes. Sorry this does not go away. You fall sleep more easily, though? I do.

I never had a problem falling asleep quickly

But now I have a problem staying awake after 8pm 

LRB

You are doing it right. 

You are doing it right. 

Agreed.

I used to always have a lot of trouble falling asleep, but morning running fixed this. Staying asleep is another matter.

Dave

onemile

Staying asleep is another matter.

Yep

Zelanie

It's gonna hit 90+ in Seattle, which is crazy for here. But to make it worse we are leaving tomorrow to go to Eugene for a long weekend. Which is like where you are. And oh BTW the A/C is out in my wife's car. But at least we will be in a hotel which has A/C (I hope), as opposed to our house which does not.

Wave when you go through Portland! I'll be up there for a training.

MTA: Can't remember if I already asked, but where did your son decide to go for school?

LRB

Yep

Do you approve of the home page?? Inquiring minds want to know.

Zelanie

LRB channeling his inner preschool teacher.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Who the hell is still up at 8?

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

Who the hell is still up at 8?

lol

It gets tough that's for sure!

onemile

I didn't even see it until now

but of course 

LRB

LRB channeling his inner preschool teacher.

I'm a little bit of everything deep down within.