Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Awesome Penguins! (Read 20 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

March 10 is International Day of AWESOMENESS!   So be awesome today!

If you are musically inclined, March 10 is also International Bagpipe Day

March 10 is also Organize Your Home Office Day...yeah, get rid of that clutter...

and today is also US Paper Money Day

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Singer who runs a smidge

Doh!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

I engaged in a little retail therapy yesterday -- I bought sweats for DH, ordered shea butter, vanilla, a lemon bar mix, scheduled a hair appointment, I'm working on scheduling a massage, and today hopefully I can schedule some knee PT (my doc offered in December, and I'm finally going to take him up on it), and I found another solar company to get a quote from.

Basically it's going to take 10 years before solar pays itself off.  We figure to be in our house at least that long, probably more like 20.  It makes sense, if we can swing it.  Woo-hoo!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Doh!!

Quote from HopesMom on 3/10/2015 at 9:51 AM:

Scotty and I tie for the posting!!  Skip this thread, and go post in his. 

Well, you and I posted at about the same time,  HsM because it is International Awesomeness Day...and we are awesome!

Apparently, we have a bunch of sleepyhead penguins today....

Running day for me today, and the weather is cooperating nicely.  All the rain has left, it is very sunny now and will be about 68 degrees when I do my run/walk after work.   Also, I need to get a haircut...my hair is touching my ears now and it is driving me crazy!  Must be that military background of mine, lol.  So I will get my haircut at Fort Sam Houston from my favorite barber - and she gives me a nice post-haircut neck massage too - and then off to do my run/walk...probably an easy 3 - 4 miles around my "Dog Alley" route to treat my canine pals in the military family housing area.

GinnyinPA

Not feeling terribly awesome today.  Our home office could definitely use some reorganizing, but since most of the mess is Jim's I'm not touching it.  I like bagpipes, but not in the office.  They need to be outdoors.  I'd like some paper money - I have very little of that.  We do most everything on the credit card these days.

HM - sounds like a very productive day.  No singing?

AFM:  much needed rest day.  I'm still hurting from my fall on Sunday.  I think I'll ice the shoulder and legs after walking Ben.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Easy recovery pace miles for me. I have no clue how many. The rest of my marathon training might be by feel and I may not stick to the plan. We shall see.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning all.  I'm going to try the Runner's World "yoga on a roll" video today and then do my bridge run (from my apartment over the queensboro bridge and back) which is about 5.5 miles.

HsM - retail therapy =D

Scotty - enjoy your run

Ginny - feel better - falling is terrible =(

Jack - hope the recovery miles go well today

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Not feeling terribly awesome today.  Our home office could definitely use some reorganizing, but since most of the mess is Jim's I'm not touching it.  I like bagpipes, but not in the office.  They need to be outdoors.  I'd like some paper money - I have very little of that.  We do most everything on the credit card these days.

HM - sounds like a very productive day.  No singing?

AFM:  much needed rest day.  I'm still hurting from my fall on Sunday.  I think I'll ice the shoulder and legs after walking Ben.

(((Ginny)....you're still awesome, even on a bad day!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

(((Ginny)....you're still awesome, even on a bad day!

I agree.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ouch, Ginny.  Just rest as much as you can. A  couple of days off will not hurt and will get you back on track.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Epsom salts bath!!

Brilliant

{hugs} Ginny, feel better soon.

Jack, have a nice easy run!

Scotty, thanks for starting us off. I'm going to clean my desk today!

sapf, happy running.

hopesmom, I too enjoy retail therapy occasionally. Big grin

4 easy miles later; I am waiting to run in the hottest part of the day.  LA Marathon has issued a heat advisory. Sad

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

{hugs} Ginny, feel better soon.

Jack, have a nice easy run!

Scotty, thanks for starting us off. I'm going to clean my desk today!

sapf, happy running.

hopesmom, I too enjoy retail therapy occasionally. Big grin

4 easy miles later; I am waiting to run in the hottest part of the day.  LA Marathon has issued a heat advisory. Sad

Brill: I am not kidding. Start hydrating NOW! 

Singer who runs a smidge

I should probably stop the retail therapy now ... I ordered shampoo (yes, I buy it special from Amazon because it works for my wild wild hair), called another solar company for a quote, and got a referral from my doc for PT (although now I have to pick the PT from a list they're sending me).  If I retail therapize any more, I'll be in debt until I'm mummified at age 100.

tracilynn

brill,  oh no that just sucks to infinity.  I just hate that for you.  Make sure you adjust your pace accordingly.

scotty, have fun getting your hair did.  Our weather is similar to yours, yay.

Hope, are you going to try to get back in shape to run? or have you written off running completely?

ginny, I agree that you are totally awesome and lots of other people think so too ...so yeah.

jack, Thanks for the exercises.  I will be able to do the planks but the bridges will be harder for me.  (Im guessing just based on similar PT Ive already done)

sapf, have fun running your bridge.

I just did 6.2 Total with 5 x 1200s @ 10K PACE... tough but did it and Im slow so when I say at 10K pace it sounds BAD AZZ but my 10K pace is 10:42 so thats like a recovery jog for most people around here.

So, I just signed up for a half marathon this Saturday.  Im only on week 7 of a 10 week plan and I missed the last 2 weeks due to a virus and snow and ice and my needling calf shin bullshit so anyway, there's that.  It is along a river and also around a lake and marina etc and we are under a flood watch through Saturday so who knows... it may be cancelled for flooding.

~~~~~~~

Traci