Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #206 (Read 28 times)

KCRuns

I ran 4.2 on the TM.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Agreed. They’ll wait a while though since it’s not till Dec. I am anxious for cancellation though, because a certain annoying AF person on the main forums insists it will happen and won’t shut up about it (or anything else), but I am done engaging.

There's one who I can hardly tell what his take is on things. Seems like it changes by the minute.

sdWhiskers

San Diego RnR is still postponed "to the Fall" but is SHOCKINGLY not accepting registrations.

sdWhiskers

Back in April, some of us were still naive enough to think fall races would happen.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Heck, I though the women's distance festival 5k would happen locally. Last year it had 55 runners. The running club cancelled everything through August 31 and I've seen no updates indicating anything is happening in the fall.

sdWhiskers

Agreed. They’ll wait a while though since it’s not till Dec. I am anxious for cancellation though, because a certain annoying AF person on the main forums insists it will happen and won’t shut up about it (or anything else), but I am done engaging.

Last 2 years, I started training for CIM in early Aug. If I was registered again, I would not start marathon training in a few weeks.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Is that the guy with the "running problem" user name?

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Last 2 years, I started training for CIM in early Aug. If I was registered again, I would not start marathon training in a few weeks.

I did a bed-to-HM plan to start in mid March is Atlantic City happened in May. I was beyond relieved when it postponed. The only reason I do races in AC is it is totally flat & gives me a good chance to PR. There was a 0% chance of that happening in May.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

IN broke records for high cases yesterday and today. We've never hit 1000 cases in one day, but now we did.

Phew, got the next two weeks in office schedule and I'm not in it. I am sure they will send me there the week after that because all attorneys but me are rotating next week and the week after two paralegals so I'm next on the roster.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

IN broke records for high cases yesterday and today. We've never hit 1000 cases in one day, but now we did.

Just San Diego had 500 yesterday. Almost 13k in CA

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Just San Diego had 500 yesterday. Almost 13k in CA

You are giving FL a run for their daily money since they only got 12K. And I read you guys have more cases than NY ever did. 

But this is why we can go to dinner indoors and there are only 2 tables with people. There's hardly anyone here. LOL.

Damaris

DavePNW

Is that the guy with the "running problem" user name?

Formerly Brewing Runner.

Dave

sdWhiskers

You are giving FL a run for their daily money since they only got 12K. And I read you guys have more cases than NY ever did. 

Our population is 2x FL and 2x NY though. But still...not good.

Cases at MrW's hospital have only increased slightly over last month--to me, this is a more real number for my local situation. Have we gotten to the point yet where mask-less and social undistanced folks are refused admission to ERs for Covid related issues?

bluerun

Super B****

Our population is 2x FL and 2x NY though. But still...not good.

Cases at MrW's hospital have only increased slightly over last month--to me, this is a more real number for my local situation. Have we gotten to the point yet where mask-less and social undistanced folks are refused admission to ERs for Covid related issues?

Can they even ethically do that?

There was a free testing here the other day sponsored by my community (I didn't go because I already got tested for antibodies twice and I have no need to get tested for the virus). Some guy tested positive and he was all, oh well, whatever, I'll just go about my life as usual anyway. WTF get tested if that's what you're going to do?!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog