Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #206 (Read 28 times)

sdWhiskers

Can they even ethically do that?

Of course not. I just wish people understood their actions have consequences. If people can't be bothered to protect themselves, why on earth should other people (like healthcare workers) risk their lives to help?

DavePNW

Some guy tested positive and he was all, oh well, whatever, I'll just go about my life as usual anyway. WTF get tested if that's what you're going to do?!

:insert head exploding emoji here:

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Of course not. I just wish people understood their actions have consequences. If people can't be bothered to protect themselves, why on earth should other people (like healthcare workers) risk their lives to help?

Oh, I agree 100%. It's why I passive aggressively won't pull up my buff when I run past someone else who isn't wearing a mask. If they're to protect other people from you (vs. you from them), and they don't give a shit about me, why should I give a shit about them? (I did say it was passive aggressive.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

sdWhiskers

We've been thinking about refinancing and woah, just found no cost 15y at 2.5%  I'm not old enough to remember interest rates >10% but this is still pretty crazy. Can Wolvmar tell me if they will go even lower?

DavePNW

We've been thinking about refinancing and woah, just found no cost 15y at 2.5%  I'm not old enough to remember interest rates >10% but this is still pretty crazy. Can Wolvmar tell me if they will go even lower?

Yeah it's pretty crazy. I don't think anyone can answer your question, but we're certainly at a historical low. Though ours from 5 yrs ago was already at 2.99% for 15 yrs, so maybe still not worth doing anything about.

Dave

DavePNW

DS just moved into a new apartment by himself; he previously had a roommate with a cat. He decided he could live without a roommate but not without a cat. So he just adopted this:

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

I'm trying to figure out a route for Sunday's long run, and no matter how much time I spend staring at the map, it's not rearranging itself to offer me something different I haven't done to death already.

chasing the impossible

LRB

I'm trying to figure out a route for Sunday's long run, and no matter how much time I spend staring at the map, it's not rearranging itself to offer me something different I haven't done to death already.

Try to run at least a mile of all the race courses that have been cancelled there this year.

bluerun

Super B****

Try to run at least a mile of all the race courses that have been cancelled there this year.

I'm not trying to run the longest ultra in the world

chasing the impossible

LRB

I'm not trying to run the longest ultra in the world

Just enough of them to meet the requisite distance!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Awww, Dave. So cute. Name?

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Just enough of them to meet the requisite distance!

My point was that there are so many of those races and they're all in different places, and if I drove from one to another I'd spend most of the day looking for parking

chasing the impossible

LRB

My point was that there are so many of those races and they're all in different places, and if I drove from one to another I'd spend most of the day looking for parking

You wouldn't drive from one to the other, you'd run to one from the other, hence the whole idea of doing something different, pay attention! 

Just think about it, you don't have to have the answer tonight. See you on the other side...

bluerun

Super B****

You wouldn't drive from one to the other, you'd run to one from the other, hence the whole idea of doing something different, pay attention! 

Just think about it, you don't have to have the answer tonight. See you on the other side...

That WAS my point!! Running from one to another would be hundreds of miles.

Today NYRR also canceled all in-person events until the end of 2020, so there are more potential miles right there.

chasing the impossible

LRB

That WAS my point!! Running from one to another would be hundreds of miles.

Oops!