Beginners and Beyond

Ultra Unicorn Sundailies (Read 30 times)

onemile

Ran 45min WU + 30min MP + 20min T + 30 min CD, for 17.25 miles.

76 miles for the week.

Wow.

LRB

I ran 11. They were miserable, which is fitting because this entire week has been a fucking chore. My overall pace this week was the second slowest only to a week last August and that one included a 2 hour, 10 mile trail run.

Whatever.

Anyway, maybe this was the week of adaptation. I mean, I've done more speed work for the four months of this year than I have in any other four month period the past 2 years, I think...

Cyberic

I ran 11. They were miserable, which is fitting because this entire week has been a fucking chore. My overall pace this week was the second slowest only to a week last August and that one included a 2 hour, 10 mile trail run.

Whatever.

Anyway, maybe this was the week of adaptation. I mean, I've done more speed work for the four months of this year than I have in any other four month period the past 2 years, I think...

Speed work really drains your batteries. That's just the way it is.

If running is a chore, maybe you need a spark that will motivate you to train. A short race? A training partner? A good looking one  ?

From the Internet.

I ran 8 today and felt kind of shockingly pretty good for the day after a 17 miler. Picked it up a little for the last 3. 72.16 for the week, and one more week to go until taper!

DavePNW

18 w/12 MP. Right around 7:45 pace for the MP miles, I was like a friggin' metronome out there.

Wore the Asterias, which seemed to be fine. Leaning towards marathoning in them. Will defintely use them for the HM in 2 weeks (assuming I actually run it).

My asthma has been kind of sucky lately. Usually I just use my albuterol inhaler pre-run, but I've been needing it once or twice during the day. Managing OK while running (obviously), but still feeling a bit of breathing tightness. And funny - only when I'd stop (e.g. to cross at a light), I'd go into a hacking fit.  I wish I could have my Advair back, but not paying $376/month.

72.16 for the week

72.2 for the week. 

Dave

workinprogress11

1:37:53 under a heat advisory.  I actually raced very well.  Data is in my log.  Good times.  I stopped for photos six times.

Nice!  Congratulations.

From the Internet.

18 w/12 MP. Right around 7:45 pace for the MP miles, I was like a friggin' metronome out there.

Wore the Asterias, which seemed to be fine. Leaning towards marathoning in them. Will defintely use them for the HM in 2 weeks (assuming I actually run it).

My asthma has been kind of sucky lately. Usually I just use my albuterol inhaler pre-run, but I've been needing it once or twice during the day. Managing OK while running (obviously), but still feeling a bit of breathing tightness. And funny - only when I'd stop (e.g. to cross at a light), I'd go into a hacking fit.  I wish I could have my Advair back, but not paying $376/month.

72.2 for the week. 

DANGIT DAVEP. Now I have to go run another 0.05 miles!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice, Dave.  My asthma has been sucky lately as well (as you heard).  I started prednisone, which could be an option if you can't pay for the Advair.  1-2 days of it can help a lot.

Ran 16 on the TM with the last 6 @ MP.  As Dave had, I wouldn't cough during it but whenever I stopped.  Feeling much better now. On our way to eat all the Puerto Rican food, and then pack and prepare a 15 minute closing argument for Tuesday.

Ended up with just 41 miles this week, but considering I took 2 days off due to this asthma and cut most of the runs short, it wasn't too bad.

Damaris

LRB

Ended up with just 41 miles this week, but considering I took 2 days off due to this asthma and cut most of the runs short, I still ran more miles than LRB.

Thank you for that. 

LRB

Speed work really drains your batteries. That's just the way it is.

If running is a chore, maybe you need a spark that will motivate you to train. A short race? A training partner? A good looking one  ?

Sheeit, I've been DNS'n like a mother fucker this spring. I think I'm up to 4. lol

I meant the week has been a chore, not running proper. Mentally I'm fine, which in my case is what's most important. When I start blowing off runs because I don't want to run, then there'll be a problem. lol

LRB

Nice!  Congratulations.

Hello Darling. 💕

LRB

72.2 for the week. 

How many weeks out are you?

Buy the Advair once and use it sparingly?

LRB

I ran 8 today and felt kind of shockingly pretty good for the day after a 17 miler. Picked it up a little for the last 3. 72.16 for the week, and one more week to go until taper!

10 day taper, 2 week or 3?

LRB

All my running friends are training for ultras these days, but I barely have time to half train for a marathon and post in the dailies.  The local 50K is a really good (and challenging) one, and it's definitely on the bucket list.  I've been on most of the course at some point, just not all of it on the same day, you know?

I am looking forward to Cy the ultrarunner!

No frappes or unicorn slushies for me this week, TYVM.

Congrats, Phil!

I just turned in a huge project for class.  I have one more due next week, and then... my summer term class starts May 1. 

On the running front, I decided to woman the fuck up and I'm going to try for four back-to-back 50 mile weeks before I need to taper for Newport.  I'm on track for this week if I make my 16 tomorrow (um, today since this is the Sundailies), but I am sore already.   It's just 4 weeks though, right?  I've really enjoyed the stress relief that I've gotten this week from longer weeknight runs.  Even though I'm ridiculously busy, I forgot how great a longer weeknight run can be.  Even in the rain.

I think at this point in your running life you know what you need. It's probably more about dotting as many Is and crossing as many Ts as feasible.

As far as me running up and down those mountains; LOL

From the Internet.

10 day taper, 2 week or 3?

3 weeks, but the first week is still gonna be something like 60 miles/16 ish long run. Whatever I did last year was completely perfect in terms of getting to race day feeling good leg-wise so I'll be aiming to do roughly the same thing, just scaled up a touch for the higher mileage I put in this time around.