Beginners and Beyond

Ultra Unicorn Sundailies (Read 30 times)

LRB

Good morning!

I ran 3.6 on another very rainy morning.  That's my longest run in a month, and I'm thankful I could do it today

It's still way to early to guess what kind of mileage I'll be able to sustain, but damn if I didn't wake up this morning thinking about some unfinished marathon business.  I was very confident I had a sub 4:00:00 in me, now I just hope I can maybe run another one at. I'm not getting greedy with the mileage, though.  This will be the most cautious and conservative base-building I have done.

Have a great day folks!

MTA: Only a  dumbass would run 3.6 while thinking about marathons.

There's nothing wrong with dreaming. Reality usually bites though. lol

LRB

Baboon nice job!

I ran 6 before work. I am going to try to get 4 in after work so I hit 37 miles for the week. It's beautiful outside. I hate my weekends to work 

Thankfully 4 is manageable, and not a deal breaker if you don't get it.

LRB

Ran 45min WU + 30min MP + 20min T + 30 min CD, for 17.25 miles.

Also known as the feeling of invincibility. 👍

LRB

Baboon

delicate flower

<3

Cyberic

Hi Baboon! We love you too!

Cyberic

Wow.

Also known as the feeling of invincibility. 👍

As tiring as it is, because of the volume of the workout, it's actually not so difficult. Running Yasso 800s (10 x 800 with 3 min rest in my case) is much more difficult, and tiring actually.

But yeah, this workout kinda helps to mentally believe that maybe I can hold a 1:28 pace.

Related fact, I decided against an April half for a May half about 6 weeks ago. The one I decided against was today, and the weather is just gorgeous . PRs all over the place.

LRB

The sweat. The clinginess. No.

DavePNW

Nice, Dave.  My asthma has been sucky lately as well (as you heard).  I started prednisone, which could be an option if you can't pay for the Advair.  1-2 days of it can help a lot. 

Good thinking. Prednisone is good to attack flare-ups, and is cheap. Of course I'd have to go in & get an Rx, which means paying for an office visit. 

I actually had some Advair left that I was saving for an emergency, and started back on it a couple days ago, but not much remaining. The doctor also gave me a sample of Breo, a new one supposedly similar to Advair. Maybe I'll try that. But also expensive once the sample runs out.

Allergies have been under control at least; I am taking Singulair and a Zyrtec every day.

Dave

DavePNW

The sweat. The clinginess. No.

IK,R? I am chafing just looking at that pic.

Dave

DavePNW

How many weeks out are you?

6. Which sounds ridiculous, I feel like I'm ready to taper. But next week is another killer.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My chances of running early this morning were blown out the window, and I really thought that I would end up with another Sunday with no run. But earlier today I decided "fuck it" and took both Dorian and Jetta out and we ran 8.3 miles!!!! That's the longest I've ran since the BTM 13.1 back in March so I am very happy.

No automatic alt text available.

The Harmonie Trail Half Marathon is May 30, so I've still got like 5 weeks before it to reach 13 miles..... I'll be so happy when my long runs are back up to 16 miles again.....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

6. Which sounds ridiculous, I feel like I'm ready to taper. But next week is another killer.

Ridiculous? Ha. Try amazing considering the uncertainty at the beginning of this cycle!

LRB

The Harmonie Trail Half Marathon is May 30, so I've still got like 5 weeks before it to reach 13 miles..... I'll be so happy when my long runs are back up to 16 miles again.....

Patience, grasshopper. Lest thee jump from the frying pan right into the fire.

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.8 and strength training.