Beginners and Beyond

Ultra Unicorn Sundailies (Read 30 times)

delicate flower

The sweat. The clinginess. No.

Most of that is from dumping water on myself, but I still would have been pretty lathered thanks to the Florida humidity.  My nips got a little chaffed.

<3

onemile

I ran 17 miles which makes 70 this week. Which apparently is only good for 4th place around here 

LRB

I ran 17 miles which makes 70 this week. Which apparently is only good for 4th place around here 

You and Eric are on some super elite hobby jogger half marathon training type of shit from Venus and Mars respectively.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Patience, grasshopper. Lest thee jump from the frying pan right into the fire.

I liked that fire, 2015 to the summer of 2016 were amazing years for me. I could run 12-18 miles pretty much like nothing, and I miss it 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

I expect the month-end totals will be something to behold.

Dave

Cyberic

You and Eric are on some super elite hobby jogger half marathon training type of shit from Venus and Mars respectively.

LOL. I don't think what we do is really half marathon training. We train, and our next race is a half marathon.

There's people my age and older who will finish ahead of me on much lower mileage.

Zelanie

Got my 16 done for the first 50 mile week of the year. It's my first LR without some other distracting fanfare (for example, last one was a HM plus miles, the one before that was along the beach at SoCal, etc). It was just me and the bike path. I brought music. And podcasts. I needed them all, lol.

DavePNW

LOL. I don't think what we do is really half marathon training. We train, and our next race is a half marathon.

There's people my age and older who will finish ahead of me on much lower mileage.

I prefer to max out more like 50ish when I am not marathon training. (I think that is something like 3 weeks per year.)

Dave

LRB

I'm watching a replay of the London Marathon. 

onemile

Got my 16 done for the first 50 mile week of the year. It's my first LR without some other distracting fanfare (for example, last one was a HM plus miles, the one before that was along the beach at SoCal, etc). It was just me and the bike path. I brought music. And podcasts. I needed them all, lol.

Any podcast recommendations?  I just finished S-town and I need a new one

onemile

I don't think what we do is really half marathon training. 

Maybe I should fire Addie 

Zelanie

Any podcast recommendations?  I just finished S-town and I need a new one

S-Town was great. And sad.

Today's podcast was Alice isn't Dead. It's sort of a creepy road story (maybe even straight up horror in parts), but I think it's well told.

On the book front, I just finished the One in a Million boy, and I liked it.

onemile

S-Town was great. And sad.

Today's podcast was Alice isn't Dead. It's sort of a creepy road story (maybe even straight up horror in parts), but I think it's well told.

On the book front, I just finished the One in a Million boy, and I liked it.

Okay, cool. I do have an audible credit

Zelanie

Okay, cool. I do have an audible credit

I keep thinking of stuff one at a time. The other one I read recently was City of Thieves. That was so good, but it's set in the siege of Leningrad, so you have to want a war story.

workinprogress11

Hello Darling. 💕

Hello!