Beginners and Beyond

OK now it's the Fridailies (Read 45 times)

Hip Redux

TGIF everyone!

LRB

TGIF, indeed, Oski. Thank you for starting today's thread.

After work yesterday evening, I did weights at the gym.

This morning, I did a little more running. I'm progressing slowly, but I'm happy with my progress, especially because I still have a productive cough. (It's silent while I'm exercising. Weird.) 5.87 miles in 53:21. 9:05 pace. 0:00-35-00 were at 6.6mph (9:05). 35:00-44:00 were at 6.7mph (8:57). 44:00-52:21 were at 6.8mph (8:49). 52:21-53:21 were at 4.1mph (14:37). I think that I'll be able to do away with the little cooldown on the tail-end of my workouts soon.

delicate flower

It is Friday.  Act accordingly.

Early swim this morning.  Feeling better and more comfortable each time, but Christ does my upper body get tired quickly.  I've got the breathing down and feel comfortable, but I can't do more than one lap without having to stop and rest.  Anyway, I did 700 yards with lots of stops mixed in.  40 minutes of easy running scheduled after work, then my first 20 miler of the year tomorrow (actually, it's a 2.5 hour run, which will put me around 19 miles, but I'm going to run 20...don't tell Coach).

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Friday!  Did my Dog Alley route at Fort Sam Houston yesterday.  Just beautiful weather, 68 degrees, sunny, a light wind, sweeeeet!  Did 3.2 miles and then went back into the military gym and did my weights circuit training for legs.   Today is a rest day and packet pickup day for my 5K tomorrow morning - the "Get Your Rear in Gear 5K" helps raise funds for colon cancer research, so this is a personal one for me as that was my type of cancer.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

7 easy pace miles on the schedule today and then a nice day off tomorrow before the half. Wind is in the forecast. I don't do wind. Yuck.

Happy Friday.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

happylily

7 easy pace miles on the schedule today and then a nice day off tomorrow before the half. Wind is in the forecast. I don't do wind. Yuck.

Happy Friday.

Good luck with your HM on Sunday, Lori! I'm sure everything will go well. You've been training like a champ! Now make sure to take it easy until Sunday.

I have some recovery miles tonight. And this morning, I did 30 push-ups on my push ups day off, as punishment for being so lousy at them. Btw, I'm leaving tomorrow for Cancun, will be back in a few days...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Still not feeling well, didn't run or go to gym.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

cjones1

Good morning!!

7m with 4 at what was my original goal HMP, and it felt absurdly easy, well, at least a lot easier than it did 2 months ago, so I guess I will have a decision to make on pacing strategy in a couple weeks.

Anyway, I've already burned my 2 days off this week, so I guess I'll be running both Saturday and Sunday morning.  Too bad, because I always look forward to that one weekend day where the sun is up before I am.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.1 tempo for me.  Good run. Able to maintain the pace and not have to look at the Garmin.  I purposefully would not allow myself to look at the pace until I was done and to go by feel.

Marjorie

LRB

7m with 4 at what was my original goal HMP, and it felt absurdly easy, well, at least a lot easier than it did 2 months ago, so I guess I will have a decision to make on pacing strategy in a couple weeks.

That is so cool. I on the other hand, will be lucky to string two miles at half marathon pace together. lol

LRB

4.1 tempo for me.  Good run. Able to maintain the pace and not have to look at the Garmin.  I purposefully would not allow myself to look at the pace until I was done and to go by feel.

Excellent! I have been doing a lot of that as well lately, mostly because when I look I am nowhere near where I thought. lol

LRB

Happy Friday!  Did my Dog Alley route at Fort Sam Houston yesterday.  Just beautiful weather, 68 degrees, sunny, a light wind, sweeeeet!  Did 3.2 miles and then went back into the military gym and did my weights circuit training for legs.   Today is a rest day and packet pickup day for my 5K tomorrow morning - the "Get Your Rear in Gear 5K" helps raise funds for colon cancer research, so this is a personal one for me as that was my type of cancer.

That e-card was awesome. I sent it to a million people and they all agreed it was written for me. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  work is crazier than ever today. 7 miles for me tonight.  I canceled Pilates for today since I'll be here late.  sigh.

Good luck on your HM, Lori!!!!!

Damaris

Zelanie

Morning!  Planning for 10 today, plus making some kind of dessert to serve at a family dinner tonight.  Lemon pound cake, maybe?