Beginners and Beyond

Fall-like weather FriDAILIES (Read 29 times)

RunningOnSand

It's 53* out there right now. somebody pinch me.  Imma go for a run before it heats up! What'cha got for today?

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning!!  Indeed, it is a lovely morning.  I did 5 easy miles around the high school track which ended up being an inadvertent progression run, and I tossed in 6 x 100 meter strides.  Speaking of 5 miles, I've got a 5 mile race tomorrow.  I have never done a 5 mile race.  I won't race it all out though...I'll be happy to run 7:30's and not injure myself.  It's a cancer run and Wife and I are doing it to support a friend of ours.  I have not done a run-only race in two months so it'll be fun to be back in that environment.

I've got a swim to do after work but those Friday night swims have a way of not getting done.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That does sound lovely. Come on, government, move me in the Fall!

I have the famous missed twice 8 with 8 X 100m after Pilates.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

It was a lovely 72° here, but disgustingly humid, so it didn't feel as nice as it should have!

I ran 16 with 2mi w/u, 4x1mi @HMP/ 1mi @MP, 6mi "c/d." It was really supposed to be a ten-mile workout with just one mile w/u and c/d, but I needed more than one mile to get to the park, and I wanted to combine it with my long run anyway to kill two birds with one stone. I am now very tired because I got up too damn early. Before my alarm, even -- there were squirrels or something scrabbling around on the roof right over my bedroom and the sound woke me up. Don't they know every second of sleep is precious?!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

I will be interested to see how Baboon showing up to a race and not racing it works out.

7 miles.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

I will be interested to see how Baboon showing up to a race and not racing it works out.

7 miles.

I've done a few of these.  It's usually a lot more fun!

<3

Cyberic

Morning! Temps/humidity have dropped, and I think it will get even better in the coming days. Not Florida great, but great anyways 

Ran 11ish on the mountain. I'm running my easy runs easier lately. Trying to really keep my breathing in check. Not positive it's a good thing, but that's how most of the great ones do it.

DavePNW

I've done a few of these.  It's usually a lot more fun!

OK, fair enough. I've never tried it.

Dave

LRB

I ran 8. It began rough but finished right.

sdWhiskers

I'm beat after 8 last night. Slogged through 3 miles and just ended the misery there. I'll either do a LR on Sunday when I return from camping or just call this a cutback week. To be fair, marathon training hasn't quite started yet.

Today is "take your child to work day" at my work. A fun morning filled with science for DS and he is sooo excited! Although this morning he asked me which floor has the paleontologists. Sorry buddy, no dinosaur scientists at this pharma co

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hope everyone enjoys a nice weekend.

I just scratched the face of my Fenix on my office door, so mine isn't off to a very good start!

Looking to do something like 12-14 on Saturday, and then something else on Sunday that's a little shorter. Today will probably be a rest day.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

7:45am. Sports doc Eric, I explain the history and problem hams and he said he had the right PT for me, a 68 year old ultra runner, the guy who had fixed his leg problem... he said Farouk has “Magic fingers” and that “He’s a sadistic mother fucker!” 😮
                          Called Farouk and left a message, he called right back and said he had an opening now as he had a cancellation.

8:40 at PT... Farouk asked what body part, I said hamstring and he said “Boy am I going to make you squeal!” 😮

Really glad I started modestly doing cross ways massage of the hams back in May else today would have hurt more than it did.

Off to gym for a little pool mix... attempted run but that ain’t happenin’

LRB

Hope everyone enjoys a nice weekend.

I just scratched the face of my Fenix on my office door, so mine isn't off to a very good start!

Looking to do something like 12-14 on Saturday, and then something else on Sunday that's a little shorter. Today will probably be a rest day.

Damn.

A screen protector is standard operating procedure for any Garmin, especially the flagship. Do better next time! 

LRB

7:45am. Sports doc Eric, I explain the history and problem hams and he said he had the right PT for me, a 68 year old ultra runner, the guy who had fixed his leg problem... he said Farouk has “Magic fingers” and that “He’s a sadistic mother fucker!” 😮
                              Called Farouk and left a message, he called right back and said he had an opening now as he had a cancellation.

8:40 at PT... Farouk asked what body part, I said hamstring and he said “Boy am I going to make you squeal!” 😮

Really glad I started modestly doing cross ways massage of the hams back in May else today would have hurt more than it did.

Off to gym for a little pool mix... attempted run but that ain’t happenin’

Oof.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Damn.

A screen protector is standard operating procedure for any Garmin, especially the flagship. Do better next time! 

Screen protector has stared at me for 2 years now in a box by my bed!!! I lose!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn