Beginners and Beyond

Coast to Coast SunDAILIES (Read 44 times)

Cyberic

2:00 LR with 4 miles MP, 64 miles for the week.

All sidewalks are salted and on concrete. The botanical garden is on hard packed snow. So I did something smart. I put screws under one pair of shoes, put them in a backpack and ran to the botanical garden wearing another pair of shoes. Swapped shoes over there, so I had cleats for the hard packed snow. And put the normal shoes back on to run back.

MTA: 8 degrees when I left, about 16 degrees now ( a little less than that with the wind chill), bright out, almost sunny. Haven't seen a snow flake in a week!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Driveway & front walk are cleared. Road not so much. My asshole neighbors decided to park their cars on the street so it would be easier to clear their driveways. As a result, the snowplow that started to clear our street quit. Your perfectly clear driveway ain't gonna do much since there is well over 2 feet of snow in the street.

Onemile & Slymoon, nice races. Onemile, your area must have a lot of fast racers--that time would be 1st OA female in most of the local races here.

Pleasantridge & Bluerun, nice snow runs.

Cyberic

I ran 5k #4 in my winter series. 25 degrees with 10 mph wind.  20:38 which is one second faster than the last one.   This was a harder course though. And a have a little cold (sore throat,  runny nose) but I don't think that affected it. 3rd AG again.

Great! Congratulations!

Cyberic

I ran 5, afterwards I jogged backwards for 100 meters, then sideways for 50 meters each side. It felt really odd, I'll look to do those more often.

I've seen people do those. I even did them a few times. The few times I did do them, it was more at the beginning of my runs though.

Cyberic

HM this AM.

Short RR - trained through - had 5 hill speed sessions this week. 12 total runs. So to say the least: I'm FIng tired!

37F clear sky's - 1mph wind - dry (6500 runners - deep fields)

Mile 4 - legs starting feeling like rubber - dropped off pace.

By Mile 8 - can't feel legs - hello! I'm pushing but zilch! Nada! Pace is way down

Finished:

1:27:14

Way NOT a PR but part of training - aiming to pay dividends in Boston.

Wow! You're really giving it all you've got. That is great!

DavePNW

18 miles.

57 for the week.

Dave

delicate flower

'Morning.  11 hilly miles at the local reservoir.  My legs were tired and heavy.  The uphills were not fun.  But it was plowed and cars aren't allowed there.  Score.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice job, onemile and Slymoon.

Damaris

onemile

Onemile & Slymoon, nice races. Onemile, your area must have a lot of fast racers--that time would be 1st OA female in most of the local races here.

This series is fairly popular. I ran a tiny race of like 100 people last summer and won 1st female with a 21:30ish time.  But this one has 550+ total and a few girls who consistently run sub-20 and one girl who runs around 18:45 (and is in my age group, grrr).  I was 5th OA female today which is the best I have done so far in this series (the previous two races 20:29 and 20:39 I was 7th female.  5 girls ran under 20 minutes in the first one.)

Cyberic

You know, 'run from the glutes', or 'get the glutes involved'... I don't know how I did it, but I now feel some of my runs in my butt. Like today's run. I think it's from slowly changing my form to kick more, to lift my heels more. I used to shuffle my feet, as I figured I conserved more energy that way.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

You know, 'run from the glutes', or 'get the glutes involved'... I don't know how I did it, but I now feel some of my runs in my butt. Like today's run. I think it's from slowly changing my form to kick more, to lift my heels more. I used to shuffle my feet, as I figured I conserved more energy that way.

Good! Keep working at that!

bluerun

Super B****

It is possible to be a shuffler and use your glutes at the same time.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

It is possible to be a shuffler and use your glutes at the same time.

Maybe. Problem is when I was trying to run from my glutes, I couldn't figure how. So I forgot about that. Lately, I've been trying to 'slowly' change my form (don't want to get injured) by lifting the heels more, and this week I added the 'drive the knees forward'. Bang! The butt is very involved that way, by not even trying.

DavePNW

I am definitely a shuffler, based on most of my race pics. 

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Maybe. Problem is when I was trying to run from my glutes, I couldn't figure how. So I forgot about that. Lately, I've been trying to 'slowly' change my form (don't want to get injured) by lifting the heels more, and this week I added the 'drive the knees forward'. Bang! The butt is very involved that way, by not even trying.

Whatever works!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog