Beginners and Beyond

Week 32 Penguins are out walking the houseplants! (07/26-08/01) (Read 6 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Today is Take your Houseplants for a Walk day, and if you can't do that, it's also Take your Pants for a Walk day.  Or Bagpipe Appreciation Day, if you prefer, which I think I would.  I have plants, but I'm not fond of them.  And it's too hot to walk in pants, so bagpipes for me.

I can't believe we're fixing to be in August already!  It's crazy.

Still no news on the job front -- I ended up emailing the secretary today to see if she can schedule me a phone call with the manager.  It'll depend on his answers to my questions.

Meanwhile, I have a big project that just came in for work, and another one supposedly coming in today or tomorrow.  Sheesh.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not sure my houseplants would appreciate the walk!

RD for me.

HopesMom, good luck with the project!

Damaris

GinnyinPA

HM - I hope the project goes well.

D - I hope you had a good rest day.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, y'all!!  We've got another heat advisory going on today, I looked like a sweat-soaked rat when I got to my lab after biking.  And that's this morning, not this afternoon, when it'll be about 15 degrees warmer.

I'm driving DH's car today, as mine goes in for an oil change.  Not that there's much difference between one silver Prius and another silver Prius ...

Working on my big project today, plus getting my class online in case it needs to be online.  The semester starts in about 2.5 weeks, so I kind of need to get on the stick ...

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, all!!  It's same old, same old, so I won't bore you with the details.  Biked, will walk later, etc.

Dusty has started objecting to getting a shot twice a day, so we are having to bribe him with peanut butter.  As long as he has that, he doesn't even notice the shot.  I'm thinking eventually he's going to start looking forward to it, even with all the hassle.  I'm not sure if we're training him or he's training us!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Sorry, forgot to check in yesterday. I had a trial (by phone) and spent a chunk of time prepping for it. Ran 9 with 2 X 2 miles @ HMP last night and ran 2 this morning outside in the heat and humidity and my legs and me are toast now. Ha.

HopesMom, I've been having issues getting Bugsy to eat his food with his medication. It's getting harder. I think Dusty and Bugsy are getting smarter.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Hi, Penguins!!  I didn't bike today, my legs are kinda toast and I wanted a break.  Plus the chance of rain this afternoon is higher today.

Dusty is due for another blood sugar monitoring curve, so DH will do that probably Saturday or Sunday (I had to order more test strips), so we'll see how that goes.  He didn't fuss much about his shot this morning ... his fussing seems to be directly proportional to whether or not I'm watching.  Playing for sympathy and peanut butter?

I can't believe it's still only Thursday, this week has seemed a million days long!!  I need to make bread this weekend, and might make brownies too.  DH is out delivering veggies today, and then he'll have to fix the lawnmower he broke yesterday.  Well, it wasn't his fault, it broke a belt.  Our grass is (finally) growing again with the recent rain, and now we're depending on a couple of bunnies to keep it trimmed.  They're falling behind.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's been cloudy and rainy here all day, so maybe it's coming your way next? He fidgets when you're not watching because he knows you're the boss.

I have an RD.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

RD for me too. We had some rain last week, but nothing this week. Supposedly we're at least 3 inches behind for the month. I've only mowed once in the past month, and that was mostly just to shorted the weeds.

HM - enjoy your baking this weekend.

Singer who runs a smidge

We're supposed to get rain again this afternoon -- we've been doing pretty well the past week or so with afternoon showers.  That trend is supposed to continue into next week too, so that's good.  I didn't bike this morning due to the forecast, and wore my popping waterproof shoes.

My tech is teleworking today, so it's nice and quiet in my lab.  Next week is her last week, as she starts graduate school in a couple of weeks.  Then it'll be quiet all the time!  There's a hiring freeze, so not even worth the bother of trying to hire someone.  And with my own situation so up in the air, I suspect this facility will go the way of the dodo, which is going to put the department in a world of hurt.  But since my department chair has his head firmly stuck in the sand, that's his problem when investigators start screaming, not mine. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon! I ran 15 on the TM today.

You also don't owe them anything extra since they are letting you go. Hope the rain does not "rain" on your biking days.

Damaris