Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES - Black Ice or snow? (Read 35 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 8 cold, windy, and slick miles.  The snowfall wasn't much, but all the rain we got overnight turned solid on the roads.  It wasn't an ideal morning for a run, but the next couple of mornings are really going to suck.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have Pilates tonight.

Damaris

From the Internet.

Morning! My foot feels good, I peeled off all the tape. If it stays this way all day I'll maybe try an easy jog midday tomorrow. Being patient is SO HARD!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

WTF!?! It is only nearly February and last night the pressure in my heads and nose started, I felt like I was going to both explode and implode at the same time. Woke up this morning, nose is stuffy and the pressure won't go away... fuck this shit.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

workinprogress11

Being patient is SO HARD!

Amen to that!

delicate flower

Good morning, cupcakes!  I swam 2500 yards before work  Got an easy run to do later which will mostly be in some fresh snow.  I'll hit the treadmill though if needed.  I'm glad I got my 10 mile tempo run done yesterday so I don't have to worry about the snow today.  It also gives my legs an easy day before tomorrow's dreaded "bike test."

For everyone dealing with sub-arctic temperatures this week, stay safe.  We're being spared in my neck of the woods...just typical winter cold.

<3

Cyberic

For everyone dealing with sub-arctic temperatures this week, stay safe.  We're being spared in my neck of the woods...just typical winter cold.

This ^^

RCD. Cold weather doesn't usually bother me, but with congested lungs, cold air is definitely not the same.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

So weird, Chandler/ Warrick County was starting to snow really hard as I was heading to Evansville/Vanderburgh (work). Into Evansville I realized it wasn't even snowing and there were blue skies.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

8 miles w/12 strides.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Feeling worse today. Sinus pressure, congestion and I feel like all my lymph nodes are throbbing.

Coach put easy stuff on the schedule for the next few days but I've decided to not run through this. I'm not training for anything super important, just shorter races and it's just not worth it. I'd rather rest and have this get through my system instead of dragging on and on.

Stay safe is the arctic blast/ polar vortex/ whatever you northern folks are getting! Looks like its almost 100 degrees colder in some of your areas than mine.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Freesoul, I would guess your sinuses are impacted by the change in air pressure. I have this issue whenever we get wide temperature swings in winter.

Whiskers, hope you feel better.

KCRuns

I'm working from home for the next few days.  I did get out to the gym this morning before our temps plummet.  I got a guest pass for Planet Fitness, but they only validate parking for 1 hour.  By the time I got in, dropped stuff in the locker room etc., I only had time for 3 miles.  I was stressed out the whole time about not leaving enough time to get my stuff and get back to the car.  If I was late, it was going to cost me $12, no thank you.

Anyway, tomorrow will definitely be a rest day, I'm not leaving my house and possibly Thursday as well.  It's not worth it in these temps.

LRB

6.3 on the belt.

I was supposed to run 7 but have the darndest time getting all of my crap situated before I even start running. Whatever. The focus now is just hunkering down for the next 4 weeks and getting into March. 👍

delicate flower

I was supposed to run 7 but have the darndest time getting all of my crap situated before I even start running. 

It's funny, last week as I was in the gym locker room getting ready for a treadmill run, I looked down at all the crap I had with me:  Towel, water bottle, phone, hat, iPod, headphones, and I thought "How much crap do I need to run on the damn treadmill?"

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Freesoul, I would guess your sinuses are impacted by the change in air pressure. I have this issue whenever we get wide temperature swings in winter.

Whiskers, hope you feel better.

I agree, everything was fine til last night. Yesterday's high was 51 and then by afternoon the winds came and by night it was down in the 20's and now the teens..... I feel like crap... Honestly, I don't mind the idea of taking today, tomorrow and maybe thursday off from running because the temps are going back up after Thursday and by Sunday they'll be near 60  my sinuses are going to die from this lol

Whiskers I feel your pain....

PRs