Beginners and Beyond

RR - Unicorns and Rainbows. (Ok, just rain.) Boston 2015. (Read 86 times)

workinprogress11

Love the RR.  Love the race.  Love how great a runner you are.  Congratulations!

Ric-G

Agreed. Just great reading your reports Jay. Really glad for you. Will be interesting to see what you do next as you are already a success. Congrats and enjoy your recovery!

Damn Jay, you're as good at writing race reports as you are at running! I felt like I was right there the whole time Smile Congrats on a great race!

marathon pr - 3:16

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

It is always a pleasure to read an RR by you, Jay. I feel like I am right there with you every step of the way. It sounds like you had a great experience and of course, you ran a great race. Awesome pictures as well. Smile

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

Great race in tough weather, and a great report!

Guess I'm not the only one who finds official post-race parties somewhat lacking...

Cyberic

It is always a pleasure to read an RR by you, Jay. I feel like I am right there with you every step of the way. It sounds like you had a great experience and of course, you ran a great race. Awesome pictures as well. Smile

DavePNW

Jay - as always, excellent report, tremendous race. I can still never get over how (1) you run 26.2 miles at a faster pace than I can probably run a single mile, and (2) at your speed, how you can talk about lopping off another 10 minutes.

If I ever managed to make it to Boston, I think the most intimidating part would be that bus ride to the start. I have always heard how long it is, and it must feel just interminable with the anticipation.

Dave

happylily

Jay - as always, excellent report, tremendous race. I can still never get over how (1) you run 26.2 miles at a faster pace than I can probably run a single mile, and (2) at your speed, how you can talk about lopping off another 10 minutes.

If I ever managed to make it to Boston, I think the most intimidating part would be that bus ride to the start. I have always heard how long it is, and it must feel just interminable with the anticipation.

For me, and that will sound strange because I'm a very shy person, the bus ride is a moment I love. Before I climb on the bus, my thoughts are wild and I struggle with demons. You know... the ones that say that it is too cold and too wet to be outside running, that I have no business to be there, that today isn't my day, etc... But once I climb on board and I sit there, with other nervous runners like myself, it's like we all smile at each others and we finally relax. There is no turning back and it's a good thing. Because there is nothing like running Boston, even when you race it as awfully as I did last Monday.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

RSX

For me, and that will sound strange because I'm a very shy person, the bus ride is a moment I love. Before I climb on the bus, my thoughts are wild and I struggle with demons. You know... the ones that say that it is too cold and too wet to be outside running, that I have no business to be there, that today isn't my day, etc... But once I climb on board and I sit there, with other nervous runners like myself, it's like we all smile at each others and we finally relax. There is no turning back and it's a good thing. Because there is nothing like running Boston, even when you race it as awfully as I did last Monday.

You looked good when I saw you at the Wellesley College chip mat. I called your name but not sure you heard me.

DavePNW

You looked good when I saw you at the Wellesley College chip mat. I called your name but not sure you heard me.

She didn't stop for kisses?

Dave

happylily

No!!!! You saw me? For real? You know, I kept hearing people yell "Go, Subway, go!" and I was thinking "WTH? Go to a subway? What are they talking about?" It's only near the end of my race that I realized that they were cheering on me by my shirt from an old race which had been sponsored by Subway (the logo was in big letters on it).

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

B-Plus

Huge congrats Jay. I love reading your reports, but this one more so since I was there. If it weren't for the name of the race, I wouldn't know it was the same race.

RSX

No!!!! You saw me? For real? You know, I kept hearing people yell "Go, Subway, go!" and I was thinking "WTH? Go to a subway? What are they talking about?" It's only near the end of my race that I realized that they were cheering on me by my shirt from an old race which had been sponsored by Subway (the logo was in big letters on it).

If red shorts with tights  then yes

Cyberic

Jay, you actually threw away your Sabers jersey and hat and all? Geez, are you sponsored or something?

PADRunner

Great report! Congrats on your race.

Congratulations!  Your RR may be the closest I ever get to experiencing the phenomenon called The Boston Marathon. Incredible race!

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K