Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES Are Awake Way Too Early Too Early. (Read 42 times)

I'll be leaving in about an hour to go to the gym, where I'll do weights and ten minutes on the stairmill. I'm not so familiar with the machine, so, I'm looking forward to trying it.

At 9:30, I have an appointment with the macrobiotics. I feel excited and a little nervous.

What do you have planned for today?

Morning. SRD.

Dave

From the Internet.

Morning!

Last workout in the books! 10 miles total, 6 at GHMP, FOUR beeps/catcalls  Lot of creeps on the road at 5:30 AM today, ridiculous!

LRB

I am still sick. I would have liked to have run but have the chills despite being hot.

Little Blue

2-3 miles plus a walk with my friend.  Followed by an afternoon of mulching flower beds.  Beautifying central NC, one yard at a time.

Feel better, Rick!

No more marathons

A quick QOTD - last year between my two track races I rested completely - no running.

This year I'm thinking of a very easy 3 miles.

What do you do if you have races two days apart?

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

delicate flower

Hello Cinco de Mayo!  I took the day off from work to celebrate having to bring my car to the shop and thus have no way to drive to work.  My appointment isn't until 10:00, so I'm fixin' to go hit the pool in a bit.  I figure I'll run home from the auto shop.  It's probably three miles but I'll make it 5-6.

<3

DaveP MI, have a relaxing and refreshing SRD.

Lauren, terrific ten. The rude behavior directed at you sucks.

Rick, I hope that you feel better by the end of the day.

Little Blue, what a fun way to start the day!

Phil, have fun on Cinco de Auto. Enjoy swimming and running.

I did weights and ten minutes on the stairmill. I can barely feel my glutes. I'm walking the two miles from the gym to work.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Today is Tuesday so it's hill day for me.  Rain threatening around here, so hope it holds off after work until I get my hills done.

Happy Tuesday! Around here the celebrations are ongoing for Cinco de Mayo, celebrating the victory of the Mexican Army over the French Army, as Mexico headed toward winning their independence.  Mexican Independence Day is actually Sep 16 and not Cinco de Mayo, FYI.

More May 5 Holidays:

National Teacher Day

Totally Chipotle Day and National Enchilada Day

Cartoonists Day

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good luck with your appointment, Basya!   And with the stairmaster, that thing will give you a workout!

Happy SRD, Dave!

Glad you got your run in, Lauren, wow, you finished way early!  I don't get why  'idiots' out there catcall and beep at the lady runners - or any runners for that matter.   What does it accomplish other than making them look like jack-asses?  If they could see themselves on video doing this stupid stuff......

Hope you feel better, LRB.  Yeah, chills-and-hot at the same time, that sucks.  When I get that stuff I wrap myself up in blankets really well and then sweat like crazy to get it all out.  It usually works for me.

Happy mulching, Little Blue.

Good luck with your car and the run, Phil!  Enjoy the day off as much as you can.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

cjones1

Good morning!

4.3m yesterday.  Calves still sore.  6.3m today, and it was the first day I've felt normal since my race.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all! I will hit the trail for a 45 minute walk/run after setting up a nacho bar for the teachers at DS's school (I cooked 19 lbs of taco meat yesterday - my house still smells like Taco Bell).

Bluesky - I would do the easy run, especially between hard sprint-level efforts, just to work some bloodflow back into the muscles.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

A quick QOTD - last year between my two track races I rested completely - no running.

This year I'm thinking of a very easy 3 miles.

What do you do if you have races two days apart?

I go out for a short, easy run with a few easy strides at the end. That's mainly to test for soreness and get rid of any residual stiffness or tightness from a hard race effort.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates class and 6-7 miles tonight.  Hope I have time for everything.

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

Today could be the first of many rest days for me. My marathon soreness is fading quickly but now I am concerned about my knee. It was noticeably swollen after the race, not so much now, and it hurts a bit when I extend my leg from a bent position. Maybe a week off will help. If not, it could be time to see the doc.

Have fun.