Beginners and Beyond

Garmin 220, you piece of ******* crud. I hate you! (Read 70 times)

LRB

Who wants it? I will pay someone to take it.

bluerun

Super B****

I don't want it, but if you'll pay me to take it... sure.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I don't want it, but if you'll pay me to take it... sure.

Guess I walked right into that 'eh?

onemile

Why?

(I think I'll keep my 620)

LRB

Why?

(I think I'll keep my 620)

It seems to work fine for easy stuff, but at the track (which is the reason I bought the stupid thing) it has a mind of its own.

My first two runs at the track it failed to register a single split at "R" pace. This despite the fact that I was running as hard as I conceivably could, to the point I re-aggravated my left ass cheek the second time there.

Today, the distance was off, by a lot! At one point it registered a 1200 meter split during my second lap FFS.

Luckily I was wearing my 410 or the entire run would have been mis-recorded, as I suspect the other two were.

Maybe I need to reset it, I just do not know. It is very discouraging and disappointing though.

LRB

Oh, and after the run it informed me that my new mile PR was 5:55. But I was running temp intervals today, which are some 30 seconds slower than that.

catwhoorg

Labrat

Pretty much no GPS is going to work well at the track.

You need to manual lap to get accurate results there.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Zelanie

Time to start running in lane 1!  I notice that my 610 is off at the track, too.  I use manual lap and then update the distances once I get home.

From the Internet.

+1. I always manual lap at the track.

delicate flower

+1 on the garmin hating the track.  My readings are usually pretty inconsistent too.  That being said, I haven't been to the track in months.

<3

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'll trade you my 205.  Hahahahaha, just kidding.  I love that honking thing.

Running is dumb.

LRB

I'll trade you my 205.  Hahahahaha, just kidding.  I love that honking thing.

Smile

Ditto my 410. A piece I have never had any real issues with. Garmin Express will not link to it though so I cannot create workouts on it anymore.

At this point the 220 is completely useless to me. I have not needed to manually lap splits at the track since using that $9 digital stopwatch I bought in 2011 FFS.

#firstworldproblems

B-Plus

Smile

Ditto my 410. A piece I have never had any real issues with. Garmin Express will not link to it though so I cannot create workouts on it anymore.

At this point the 220 is completely useless to me. I have not needed to manually lap splits at the track since using that $9 digital stopwatch I bought in 2011 FFS.

#firstworldproblems

I turn my 220 into a $9 digital stopwatch when I go to the track.

bluerun

Super B****

It would be GREAT for my ego to do that.  (The track I use is five laps to the mile, not four.  Imagine how fast I can run 400m!  Er, I mean, one lap.  Whatever.  Same difference.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

The track I use is five laps to the mile, not four. 

Hmm, that would be interesting. I run in lane 5, so I run less than 4 laps.