Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: Finally, the light at the end of the tunnel...but wait, what's that sound? (Read 36 times)

LRB

LRB

Good morning and new week to you.

I've got a recovery jog on tap, then, a really strange day; my office is closed but we're supposed to go in to have a meeting then clean and organize our desks. For 8 hours? Um, okay. In my experience, this usually means that the target is one or two pigs people in each department. But if they want to pay me to clean I'll be a good soldier and play along.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Today might be an RD, might go for an easy 3, might go for a hike, might not....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

Good morning and hello!  We used to get Columbus Day off from work, but they eliminated that as a company holiday a few years ago, which kind of sucks, but we still get the PTO day, which we can use any other day of the year, including today, which does not suck.  But the savings to the company is that they don't have to pay holiday differentials to the hourly folks that decide to work today since it is no longer a holiday.  Got all that?  Ok then.

I had a swim planned this morning but skipped it to due a sore shoulder.  I was going to get up and run, but skipped that too and slept in.  In fact, DW had to nudge me awake at 6:30 and said "Ehhh...are you going to get up??"  Mmmmm....sleep...nearly 20 hours of it the past two nights.  I will run after work.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Coach gave me RDs for around 4 days and maybe more if I want to.  So much to do in this house that I'll likely won't miss the running for a few days.

Posted pictures of KC and me and Paula my BFF and me on yesterday's thread.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Really liking my pictures from the race.  This one shows how good I felt yesterday (mentally, NOT physically, ha). I am apparently an expert at hiding the wrecked knee in the pictures.

Damaris

Big congrats do Blue and Dave!

Baboon, i now have Frank Sinatra stuck in my head

https://www.streetdirectory.com/lyricadvisor/song/cjfaol/thats_life/

off, attempted to get in hot tub at the gym, step down on the first step and thought ‘gee this is hot, stepped down to the second and got out...asked the new life guard and she said there’s something wrong, temp supposed to be 102 but is 129😮

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

regular work day here...zzzzzz

congrats to all the racers this weekend. Nice to see good running weather in Chicago this year. That always seems to be a crapshoot.

ran 3 with slightly better tempo than recent runs. hammies still an issue and now right foot feeling funny. I think every part of my lower body is messed up to some degree right now. But I think it's slowly getting better.

Did PT Saturday and I think that is helping. At the end of the session wore these compression "leggings" that contract and expand and are supposed to enhance blood flow for recovery. I saw someone else using them and asked about them and then got to try them out.  I don't know if they really help but after a few minutes getting used to them, they really relaxed my legs. Might try them again next week.

https://www.normatecrecovery.com/shop-products

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's been hot the last 6 years I've run it, so it was nice to have a nice one for once.

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Morning! Coach gave me RDs for around 4 days and maybe more if I want to.  So much to do in this house that I'll likely won't miss the running for a few days.

Posted pictures of KC and me and Paula my BFF and me on yesterday's thread.

Congrats on #50!  Cool photo of you and Paula.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

From the Internet.

Lol impressive D!! You can't even tell you bashed up your knee! Glad you had a good race!

Morning folks. Day off from school, child's soccer team has playoffs for their tournament today - a decisive victory in their 3rd game yesterday means they are number 1 seed and only have one game instead of 2 (I am happy for them both for playing well and because now I don't have to spend all day today at the tournament after being there all day yesterday, lol).

Heading out for some easy miles in a bit. Max 1 hour, that'll be my longest easy run of the week. Weather is looking good for marathoning on Sunday!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lol impressive D!! You can't even tell you bashed up your knee! Glad you had a good race!

Morning folks. Day off from school, child's soccer team has playoffs for their tournament today - a decisive victory in their 3rd game yesterday means they are number 1 seed and only have one game instead of 2 (I am happy for them both for playing well and because now I don't have to spend all day today at the tournament after being there all day yesterday, lol).

Heading out for some easy miles in a bit. Max 1 hour, that'll be my longest easy run of the week. Weather is looking good for marathoning on Sunday!

That's cause it's hiding in every picture, ha. We will the other pics.

Damaris

LRB

off, attempted to get in hot tub at the gym, step down on the first step and thought ‘gee this is hot, stepped down to the second and got out...asked the new life guard and she said there’s something wrong, temp supposed to be 102 but is 129😮

Good choice, you could've lost something!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

From the weekend...

HalfCrazy...you correctly and shockingly remembered that I am a non-coffee drinker. Next time teams are drawn for a game of concentration, you should be first pick!

Dave...It's a nay on the coffee ice cream. That's actually worse than coffee! Also, congrats on the HM.

Blue...Great job at your race...it always feels so good to shatter those barrier numbers.

Docket...Congrats on #50! That's awesome...very cool medal pic with Paula too. I thought it was funny when Paula went to congratulate Brigid after the race yesterday. I'm pretty sure Brigid didn't have a clue who Paula was, at least at first.

Weekend running was just okay for me. I did 7 on the trail Saturday, without walking a step on that route for the first time. As you can imagine, that speaks to what some of the climbs look like. I was going to get up Sunday and go longer, but was out very late after celebrating the g/f's grandpa's 100th birthday (birthday boy wasn't out so late, but the rest of us were). I settled for a tired 6 after a round of golf.

Hope everyone has a good Monday!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

delicate flower

Congrats on #50!  Cool photo of you and Paula.

I agree with all of this.  Congratulations, Docket!!

I tell ya whut, this past weekend was awesome.  No work stress, I ran a marathon, my social media feeds were packed with running and racing posts, and we had some great sporty TV viewing.  I haven't been able to enjoy a weekend like that in a long time.

<3