Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIRS (Read 29 times)

LRB

That's what I accidentally entered so I went with it. I know how you people are though with these obscure titles (omg, he said you people!) so I'm prepared to change it with the first complaint. lol

LRB

I had an awkward night waking up at 1:00 eyes wide open feeling like I could audition for American Ninja Warrior. I managed to get back to sleep around 4:00, then woke up at 6:00 feeling like I'd been run over by a truck.

At that point I was 40 minutes behind schedule and seriously thought about not running at all, but I went through the motions and jogged 10 kilometres in the rain. 👍

delicate flower

Hi!  LMAO

This morning marked my 6th swim day in a row.  My upper body was tired, but I had a good swim.  12,000 yards on the week.  I've got a 4 mile run after work which I'll do on the track so I can throw in a few 400's.

Somebody brought bakery donuts into the office this morning and I will tear into one after my 9:00 meeting.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Kilometres??  Not kilometers?  This is serious.

7.1 miles -- or 7, if you ask Strava.  I can just imagine finally running a legit sub-6:00, and then Strava will decide I ran .9 mile.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

I ran 8.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I slept in since I have PT at 10am but there was an amber alert at 7am that scared the shit out of me.  Anyway, PT soon, 6 miles after work.

Damaris

delicate flower

Why is it so hard to get a decent peach?  And it's like the good ones are awesome, and the bad ones are terrible.  There is no in between.  I've had apples that aren't great but are still eatable, but a bad peach must be thrown out.

<3

Why is it so hard to get a decent peach?  And it's like the good ones are awesome, and the bad ones are terrible.  There is no in between.  I've had apples that aren't great but are still eatable, but a bad peach must be thrown out.

In the immortal words of the great sage Seinfeld: fruit is a gamble.

7 w/8 strides.

Dave

Cyberic

Ran 10 easy and fun miles on the mountain. That's also what vacation days are for!

The woman has plans to go to Costco this afternoon, which is usually a nightmare for me, but maybe on a Friday it won't be as bad.

I'm all for LRB sharing his runs using metric units. It shows how open minded he is, and that is why he is so loved by you people.

My easy runs have been so freaking slow and creaky lately. Better after warming up, but the warmup has been taking like 5 miles. Maybe I shouldn't be too concerned about my easy pace, but it seems like it should mean something. Historically my easy pace has been slower when the rest of the week gets harder or higher mileage. But that isn't so much the case right now; the training plan hasn't really started to ramp up yet. Which means things will only get worse. Ugh.

Dave

LRB

Kilometres??  Not kilometers?  This is serious.

I thought that was how they did it north of the border. Apparently I had bad intel. 👎

Strava is in your head. 

Half Crazy K 2.0

8. Jogged 3 miles to the track, did 4 x 45 seconds, 4 x 1:30 and 4 x 45 seconds with equal rests. Then slogged home. Didn't help that they were cutting the grass on the football field inside the track while I was running.

onemile

My easy runs have been so freaking slow and creaky lately. Better after warming up, but the warmup has been taking like 5 miles. Maybe I shouldn't be too concerned about my easy pace, but it seems like it should mean something. Historically my easy pace has been slower when the rest of the week gets harder or higher mileage. But that isn't so much the case right now; the training plan hasn't really started to ramp up yet. Which means things will only get worse. Ugh.

Nothing else causing it? Travel? Sleep?

I was doing okay with my easy runs until last week 

delicate flower

The woman has plans to go to Costco this afternoon

I need salmon, fabric softener, a jar of strawberry preserves, and Prilosec.  Thanks.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

The woman has plans to go to Costco this afternoon, which is usually a nightmare for me, but maybe on a Friday it won't be as bad.

LOL. Let's see, everyone trying to get stuff for their weekend.