Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: Fighting the urge (Read 35 times)

LRB

8 miles. It was cold & windy. I'm still cold, but at least I got in the shower first today!

Probably from not getting the shower first yesterday.

Cyberic

Ran 26.5, ultra-marathon pace. Our friend Luc has a heart condition and can't run fast, so he does 100 miles and that kind of stuff. He was dictating the pace. So yes my legs are tired, but not more than after a 20 mile run at my own pace.

LRB

Ran 26.5, ultra-marathon pace. Our friend Luc has a heart condition and can't run fast, so he does 100 miles and that kind of stuff. He was dictating the pace. So yes my legs are tired, but not more than after a 20 mile run at my own pace.

Oof. Get some protein in ya. That's a long time for you to be on your feet.

RunningOnSand

RunningOnaFelony, those leaves were killed.

LOL Big grin

LRB

LOL Big grin

We got it here too. It's a repeat of last year. Totally bizarre.

bluerun

Super B****

Three miracles! I made it there and back without getting into an accident, I didn't freeze to death, and I managed to run faster than marathon pace. Barely, but I did.

Except that for some reason, the official results have my chip time as two minutes faster than my gun time, when the differential was really more like two seconds. So I'm listed ahead of the first place female, who probably actually did run 1:31:20, since I supposedly ran 1:30:49 with a chip time of 1:32:49.  (My big award for winning my AG is a dinky medal. YIPPEE! The race medal is cool, though. It has blinking lights!)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

The race medal is cool, though. It has blinking lights!)

I am looking forward to seeing that!

Baboon

delicate flower

Nice race, bluerun!  You are on fire lately!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's exactly what we do it the midwest. 👍

I keep telling hubby WHY DIDN’T YOU MAKE UP YOUR MIND SOONER? 😂

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice job, blue!

Ran 8 and they were slow but awesome. I think it’s the longest full run in forever.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Nice.  For me, sometimes running slower than what I am used to for a long time can be very tiring, and if I try to run faster at the end, I can't.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Nice race, bluerun!  You are on fire lately!

It's funny you say that because while this would have been a PR for me a month ago, I don't feel like it was anything special this time... it annoys me a little because I know I have the ability (somewhere) to run faster than the first place female did, but I guess I just feel like it's stupid to rush this marathon recovery thing. My body will bounce back when it wants to bounce back and I can't make it happen faster, but I sure can help it happen slower.

But I would like enough speed back by next weekend to actually be able to race a 10K, please and thank you.

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

I would find that SO much harder than running a marathon at marathon pace, or even easy pace. So much time on your feet!

chasing the impossible

KCRuns

Nice! But how was running the Olympic course? You left out all the details.

KCRuns

I ran 4.6 by the lake and listened to my Christmas music. It was wonderful!