Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: Fighting the urge (Read 35 times)

LRB

Nice! But how was running the Olympic course? You left out all the details.

And pics ffs.

bluerun

Super B****

I am looking forward to seeing that!

I tried posting it but it didn't work. It will show up on IG eventually...probably tomorrow for Medal Monday 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

10k in 41:55 for PR!

That’s according to my watch. I can’t find results posted online. 

So I have no idea of placing, but I think there may be a good chance I won my AG. Good size crowd for 5k, but once past the cutoff, it thinned way out. Weather was good 52 degrees, and it was raining earlier but let up in time for the race. Kind of windy, but not too awful. Course was a path around a lake, one loop for 5k & 2 loops for 10k. So naturally the second loop required a lot of dodging slower 5k runners. As well as everyone else, as this is a heavily used path by walkers, joggers, stroller-pushers, dog-walkers, etc. Anyway, pretty happy with how it went, other than sort of tanking mile 5.

MTA: of course the worst part of the whole thing was the fact that I had to make a least a medium-long run out of the day, so basically ran a 5.6 mile cooldown after the race. That was pretty rough.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

ATTA BOY, DAVE!  I was wondering how this went and was stalking your Strava.  Damn impressive way to wrap up this marathon cycle.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

So I have no idea of placing, but I think there may be a good chance I won my AG. Good size crowd for 5k, but once past the cutoff, it thinned way out. Weather was good 52 degrees, and it was raining earlier but let up in time for the race. Kind of windy, but not too awful. Course was a path around a lake, one loop for 5k & 2 loops for 10k. So naturally the second loop required a lot of dodging slower 5k runners. As well as everyone else, as this is a heavily used path by walkers, joggers, stroller-pushers, dog-walkers, etc. Anyway, pretty happy with how it went, other than sort of tanking mile 5.

MTA: of course the worst part of the whole thing was the fact that I had to make a least a medium-long run out of the day, so basically ran a 5.6 mile cooldown after the race. That was pretty rough.

I guess now I REALLY need to be able to race a 10K next week, huh?! Congrats!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

sdWhiskers

ATTA BOY, DAVE!  I was wondering how this went and was stalking your Strava.  Damn impressive way to wrap up this marathon cycle.

+1

Great job DavePR!!

Cyberic

Nice.  For me, sometimes running slower than what I am used to for a long time can be very tiring, and if I try to run faster at the end, I can't.

I don't think I could have run fast at the end either. It's like that pace settled in my body, and that was it.

As for slower running, I just couldn't either until a few months ago when I started to run my commutes slower. I have no idea why. So today's pace wasn't so much slower than my commute pace.

Cyberic

I would find that SO much harder than running a marathon at marathon pace, or even easy pace. So much time on your feet!

But it wasn't the same as running a marathon, as roads weren't closed for us, so we probably stopped at a million traffic lights, I stopped to pee twice, we stopped to buy some Gatorade in a store...

Cyberic

Nice! But how was running the Olympic course? You left out all the details.

It was pretty cool, but no PoP, no water station, no crowd support, course was not marked Smile

I'll give a little more details in a bit. Ever since I got back I've been doing stuff (family stuff like groceries, washing the clothes, ...)

As for pics LRB, man I hate posting pics here. So complicated. Ever since they closed down tinypic, I'm struggling. I'll make a little effort

DavePNW

OK, I did find results. Official 41:53, 1/9 AG (by over 5 min, ha),13/242 OA

Dave

Cyberic

Great race, Dave!

DavePNW

As for pics LRB, man I hate posting pics here. So complicated. Ever since they closed down tinypic, I'm struggling. I'll make a little effort

Didn’t realized that happened, but long ago I switched from tinypic to imgur, which I found much more user-friendly and has a mobile app.

Dave

Cyberic

Three miracles! I made it there and back without getting into an accident, I didn't freeze to death, and I managed to run faster than marathon pace. Barely, but I did.

Except that for some reason, the official results have my chip time as two minutes faster than my gun time, when the differential was really more like two seconds. So I'm listed ahead of the first place female, who probably actually did run 1:31:20, since I supposedly ran 1:30:49 with a chip time of 1:32:49.  (My big award for winning my AG is a dinky medal. YIPPEE! The race medal is cool, though. It has blinking lights!)

I'll echo what others have said about you being on fire lately!

DavePNW

Three miracles! I made it there and back without getting into an accident, I didn't freeze to death, and I managed to run faster than marathon pace. Barely, but I did.

Except that for some reason, the official results have my chip time as two minutes faster than my gun time, when the differential was really more like two seconds. So I'm listed ahead of the first place female, who probably actually did run 1:31:20, since I supposedly ran 1:30:49 with a chip time of 1:32:49.  (My big award for winning my AG is a dinky medal. YIPPEE! The race medal is cool, though. It has blinking lights!)

Nice job!

Dave

Cyberic

Didn’t realized that happened, but long ago I switched from tinypic to imgur, which I found much more user-friendly and has a mobile app.

I can never remember that name. But thanks, I'll use that.