Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: Fighting the urge (Read 35 times)

bluerun

Super B****

AND!! Finally my Garmin is nice to me. (Well, it should be.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, Dave.

Damaris

LRB

OK, I did find results. Official 41:53, 1/9 AG (by over 5 min, ha),13/242 OA

Killed dem. 

Half Crazy K 2.0

Blue run, congrats! So were you 2nd OA? Odd results.

DavePNW, congrats on the PR and AG win!

LRB

It was pretty cool, but no PoP, no water station, no crowd support, course was not marked Smile

I'll give a little more details in a bit. Ever since I got back I've been doing stuff (family stuff like groceries, washing the clothes, ...)

As for pics LRB, man I hate posting pics here. So complicated. Ever since they closed down tinypic, I'm struggling. I'll make a little effort

I switched to postimage.org after daffy duck suggested it the last time this subject came up. I haven't seen anything simpler than that.

LRB

AND!! Finally my Garmin is nice to me. (Well, it should be.)

Nice. 👍

bluerun

Super B****

Blue run, congrats! So were you 2nd OA? Odd results.

DavePNW, congrats on the PR and AG win!

Second OA, but they only did first OA and for AGs... though now that I think of it they had medals for first, second, and third place. I didn’t stick around for the awards ceremony, I just took the medal and left. But second in my AG was twenty minutes behind me 

chasing the impossible

Baboon

delicate flower

OK, I did find results. Official 41:53, 1/9 AG (by over 5 min, ha),13/242 OA

This is awesome.  So no awards, or did you just not hang out for them?

<3

Cyberic

A while ago my friend Luc, an ultra-marathoner, posted on Strava a 26.2 mile long run in which he was doing the new 2019 Montreal marathon course. His wife was registered in the marathon so he ran the course to give her pointers. I thought that was cool so I told him to tell me next time, I might be up for a 26 mile LR. So he said, sure bur let's do the 1976 course.

It was a pain to find info about the course, but a friend of ours sent us a picture of pages in a book that had the course in a step by step text kinda way, and we found drawings (no GPS trace in 1976) of the course. We had to adapt the start and the end, as both were laps around the track in the Olympic stadium and we didn't have the keys.

Luc had printed the drawing of the course, and I had my phone with the step by step instructions and off we went at 8AM. 

It was cool to do the course and see where they ran. It was not a very hard course, but not very easy either. It got won in 2:09. The part downtown was a bit of a drag because of the traffic both on the streets and on the sidewalks. But since there were only 3 of us, and we weren't running at light speed, it was all right.

When we got back we were missing about a mile, so we talked a fun course to make up the mileage, which was to go to the marathon door of the stadium, take a few pics, but then run to the metro (subway) station for the extra mileage.

Cyberic

I switched to postimage.org after daffy duck suggested it the last time this subject came up. I haven't seen anything simpler than that.

Yeah, that's the one! I just tried imgur and didn't like it as much

DavePNW

This is awesome.  So no awards, or did you just not hang out for them?

Award was a steaming pile of jack squat. As expected though, since this is my third year in a row doing this race. They have trophies for top 3 OA M/F, but that’s it. Cheap bastards.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

In addition to the $75.63 entry fee, I spent around the same amount on gas and tolls. This shit is stupid.

chasing the impossible

sdWhiskers

Award was a steaming pile of jack squat. 

LOL

LRB

We had to adapt the start and the end, as both were laps around the track in the Olympic stadium and we didn't have the keys.

lol

Great pics.

LRB

My sorry ass Lions got staight up Dakked today. Dude passed for 444 yards!