Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: Fighting the urge (Read 35 times)

DavePNW

I’ve run 9 races this year, and set PRs 4 times. The big one still remains, but it’s been a pretty good year.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Being big into astrology, I was always wary of getting stuck by a scorpio chick. For no other reason than being afraid of scorpions. Big grin

My brother studied astronomy for years. Which many people think is the same as astrology 

sdWhiskers

I’ve run 9 races this year, and set PRs 4 times. The big one still remains, but it’s been a pretty good year.

Ooh giving PR machine Bluerun some competition for best 2019

onemile

yeah I think I'm at 0

Half Crazy K 2.0

I obviously didn't do pre-race packet pickup, since it's 130 miles away! Parking was at a middle school a couple of minutes' drive from the start, and there were shuttle buses. Packet pickup was right at the start, so it wasn't hard to find at all. Everything moved along very smoothly! (Well, minus the part where they inexplicably messed up my chip time.)

It's about 55 miles for me, the New Balance store where they did packet pick up is basically an hour door to door.

For shirts, did they have somewhere to store stuff? The satellite parking with day of packet pick up was another thing that I was kinda of meh about.

LRB

Phenomenal!

LRB

yeah I think I'm at 0

Shit, the last time I used P & R in the same sentence, I was trying to solve a Wheel of Fortune puzzle!

Half Crazy K 2.0

yeah I think I'm at 0

According to my log, 36 races in the last 36 months. 0 PRs.

LRB

It's about 55 miles for me, the New Balance store where they did packet pick up is basically an hour door to door.

I've driven farther to run much shorter.

onemile

Shit, the last time I used P & R in the same sentence, I was trying to solve a Wheel of Fortune puzzle!

lol

Half Crazy K 2.0

I've driven farther to run much shorter.

Getting up at 5am or some other insane hour just isn't something I can do.

LRB

bluerun

Super B****

For shirts, did they have somewhere to store stuff? The satellite parking with day of packet pick up was another thing that I was kinda of meh about.

Yes, they did have bag check. They even provided NB bags if you didn't come with one of your own

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

Ooh giving PR machine Bluerun some competition for best 2019

I can't believe I actually went and counted this 

40 races in 2019, 15 PRs

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Baboon

delicate flower

And you are from from done setting PRs.

On another note, I had brunch this morning with two of my friends who ran New York and I picked their brains on logistics. I've got a much better handle of that now.

<3