Beginners and Beyond

White Tuesday (Read 39 times)

LRB

'Sup.

It snowed like a bitch overnight. It's suppose to rain all day though and melt, we'll see. 

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

Please keep the snow way up north.

I ran 4 windy-as-hell miles.  It was 38F, warming up to mid 40s today.

We have rain coming, which will wash all the salt off the roads and my vehicles.  We are headed to about 70F by Thursday Smile.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

Sidewalks are still icy, so last night I took to the treadmill for the first time in probably two years.  I forgot how much I sweat when there is no airflow, I apologize to the other Y members who were running next to me. LOL

Will hit the mill again tonight after work, wearing a singlet this time, even a short sleeve was too much. I'd go shirtless, but they'd probably kick me out. 

Hope everyone has a great day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Baboon

delicate flower

Hello!  2400 yard masters swim done, and a spin session on the schedule after work.

<3

Cyberic

In other news, my foot pod decided not to work today. Changed the battery, and still nothing. Damn. Those things are expensive, too. I'll ask a guy from work if he wants to sell me his, but I doubt it. I'll probably need to buy a new one, ffs.

After spending over an hour trying to sync the foot pod, and failing, yesterday, I tried again this morning and it just worked. Go figure.   

Cyberic

Good morning everyone!!

Sidewalks are still icy, so last night I took to the treadmill for the first time in probably two years.  I forgot how much I sweat when there is no airflow, I apologize to the other Y members who were running next to me. LOL

Will hit the mill again tonight after work, wearing a singlet this time, even a short sleeve was too much. I'd go shirtless, but they'd probably kick me out. 

Hope everyone has a great day!!

You're becoming a regular around here, D2.

You have a great day too!

DavePNW

Dave

LRB

I ran 6 on the belt.

The overall pace based on time was 8:21 (50:01), but my Garmin splits were 9:00, 9:00, 8:58, 8:59, 9:00 and 8:58.

In a nutshell, I kept the same rhythm even though there was a steady increase in speed. So despite going from 6.2 mph to 7.6 mph, my stride wasn't affected, meaning I wasn't trying to keep up with the belt...I probably could have just said that and spared you the headache of deciphering that nonsense. 

Baboon

delicate flower

I ran 6 on the belt.

The overall pace based on time was 8:21 (50:01), but my Garmin splits were 9:00, 9:00, 8:58, 8:59, 9:00 and 8:58.

In a nutshell, I kept the same rhythm even though there was a steady increase in speed. So despite going from 6.2 mph to 7.6 mph, my stride wasn't affected, meaning I wasn't trying to keep up with the belt...I probably could have just said that and spared you the headache of deciphering that nonsense. 

I see the accelerometer is still a pile of camelturds.

<3

LRB

I see the accelerometer is still a pile of camelturds.

lol - Pretty much! I just use it to record the time since remembering it on my own has proven to be an exercise in futility!

onemile

I ran 6 on the belt.

Your stride had to be affected, whether you were trying or not. Either your stride length or cadence increased if your speed increased.

Are saying is that you maintained the same cadence while increasing your speed?  But even then the Garmin should recognize your stride length increased.

Unless you were just jumping in the air while the belt moved faster beneath you.

So I am reaching the same conclusion as Baboon, that the accelerometer sucks.   Or that your arm swing remains the same regardless of your pace. Or were you using the footpod?

LRB

Your stride had to be affected, whether you were trying or not. Either your stride length or cadence increased if your speed increased.

Are saying is that you maintained the same cadence while increasing your speed?  But even then the Garmin should recognize your stride length increased.

Unless you were just jumping in the air while the belt moved faster beneath you.

So I am reaching the same conclusion as Baboon, that the accelerometer sucks.   Or that your arm swing remains the same regardless of your pace. Or were you using the footpod?

I don't own a foot pod. It was nothing I was doing consciously, but usually the Garmin splits are all over the place (even when I'm running at the same speed!) so I took note that they lept coming up 9s.

It either means my arm swing stayed the same or it was just a fluke.

onemile

I don't own a foot pod. It was nothing I was doing consciously, but usually the Garmin splits are all over the place (even when I'm running at the same speed!) so I took note that they lept coming up 9s.

It either means my arm swing stayed the same or it was just a fluke.

Probably your arm swing stayed the same. I have found the accelerometer measures a bit slow for me and the footpod measures a bit fast. I don't have a lot of arm swing

But your consistency is something I haven't experienced with the accelerometer. Mine is usually all over the place (even though my pace is the same for the whole run)

LRB

Probably your arm swing stayed the same. I have found the accelerometer measures a bit slow for me and the footpod measures a bit fast. I don't have a lot of arm swing

But your consistency is something I haven't experienced with the accelerometer. Mine is usually all over the place (even though my pace is the same for the whole run)

Yeah it was odd for me too.

I am planning on having my VO2 max measured sometime in February, who in the hell knows what the watch will record then. It might explode. lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 6 with 2 at MP tonight, after Pilates.  Should be fun...not.

Damaris