Beginners and Beyond

Simply Thursdailies (Read 44 times)

onemile

I find more friendly Pitties than I do any other breed, then there's Lab mixes and those annoying little bastards try to tag along every time.

The ones that concern me are Dobies, Rotties and German Shepherds..... I've never had an issue with them but I'm always wondering when my luck is going to run out lol.

Pits are supposed to be friendly toward other people but dog-aggressive..

I have been charged by snarling and growling big dogs before (including a golden retriever) but the only time I got bit it was a small asshole dog and I wasn't even afraid of it and it just ran up and bit my leg!

DavePNW

5 slow miles. No dog attacks today.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I have been charged by snarling and growling big dogs before (including a golden retriever) but the only time I got bit it was a small asshole dog and I wasn't even afraid of it and it just ran up and bit my leg!

Yeah, a true AKC registered Pit is to be friendly with people due to it's past use as a pit fighting dog. But I've never had one aggressive to my dogs, except for a monstrous mutation of a pit mixed mastiff..... I swear that bastard intended on killing Jetta if we moved one step. Luckily most dogs are more interested in my dogs to care about me....but I've had a few try and tag along when I'm by myself.

There was only one time I had an issue with a Goldie/Collie mix, it ran out of it's yard (supposedly an invisible fence) and nearly bit Rocky on the ass. We were on the other side of the road, I was so freaking pissed off man............ I love the road, but damn it I hate that dog.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

zzyzx

lat pulldown, long pull, seated leg press

Exercise bike 30 minutes hill setting level 12 10.17 miles. I'll take it.

Baboon

delicate flower

I assumed people who do this plan on picking it up on the way back and just don't want to carry it with them the whole time... but they are just leaving it?

The bags sit there for weeks until a cleaning volunteer picks them up.  And thanks for the reminder that I need to send a donation to the trail association.

<3

LRB

I was running northbound on the sidewalk facing the southbound traffic. I came to an intersection where the east and west bound traffic were stopped for a red light. Naturally then, I headed into the intersection. Just as I was about to set foot in it however, some douche bag that was in the left-hand lane of the southbound traffic, decided he/she was tired of being stuck in traffic, and made a right-hand turn across three lanes of traffic and flew right where I would've been!

Luckily I am leery of that kind of shit happening, so I was able to come to an impromptu hop stop. Stupid ass.

KCRuns

I'm scared of dogs and steer clear of them (chased & bitten as a child).  My anxiety goes way up when I see someone with their dog off leash and coming in my direction. Thankfully none of them have ever gotten close to me.

I did not plan my week very well.  Yesterday was USRD due to pouring rain and a lunch meeting.  So I thought I'll just run commute on Thursday.  Nope.  Forgot that today was Thanksgiving pot luck day at work and I can't run with a chocolate pie.  So, it's another USRD.

oldfartrunner

Small dogs and small (short) girls you got to watch out for.  Right FreeSoul!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I was running northbound on the sidewalk facing the southbound traffic. I came to an intersection where the east and west bound traffic were stopped for a red light. Naturally then, I headed into the intersection. Just as I was about to set foot in it however, some douche bag that was in the left-hand lane of the southbound traffic, decided he/she was tired of being stuck in traffic, and made a right-hand turn across three lanes of traffic and flew right where I would've been!

Luckily I am leery of that kind of shit happening, so I was able to come to an impromptu hop stop. Stupid ass.

Man I would be screaming a whole lot of bad words at them, and flipping them off.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

oldfartrunner

Close call LRB! Sad Glad you are ok.... I've had beer cans/bottles thrown at me back in the day, and people coming on the shoulder trying to run me down. They didn't like runners back then.  Good thing I was pretty fast in them days.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Close call LRB! Sad Glad you are ok.... I've had beer cans/bottles thrown at me back in the day, and people coming on the shoulder trying to run me down. They didn't like runners back then.  Good thing I was pretty fast in them days.

Hell I still have asshole drivers try to run me off the road....... they can clearly see me but more even closer.....

PRs

Re: dogs, what I don't get is people on the bike path who actually pick up their dog's poop with a little plastic bag, but then leave the bag on the side of the trail.  That makes no sense.  This is actually worse for the environment than just leaving the poop there.

Wow! Thankfully I haven't seen much of that

LRB- glad your ok

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Well, I was going to keep this to myself (you'll see why later), but since today is about dogs....

Warning - poop ahead (not the dog's).

I was inspired to have mac & cheese for lunch yesterday, which I never do. Started running my evening 8 on a bike path after work.  This time of year, I encounter 1 maybe 2 other people, since it's dark and cold.  Mostly, I see nobody.  5 miles in, the mac & cheese decided it wanted to make a hasty back door exit.  No worries, I'm all alone in the dark.  So I dart off into the woods looking for some natural TP (hopefully not poison ivy).

There was enough ambient light, so I turn off my flashlight, squat and take a load off my mind.  Then out of nowhere two big long-haired retrievers come running up to me.  WTH!  One ran right up to me while the other started barking at me.  Quickly, I pull up my shorts and I see the owner approaching.  I turn on my flashlight to let him know that I'm here.  Dumbfounded I didn't know what to do or say.  I think he was just as shocked and didn't know what to do or say either.  So he stood there while I pet the dogs.  They finally left.

What are the odds of THAT happening?!?!  If my Garmin was not on pause, I might have recorded a new MaxHR.

Easy 4 planned for tonight.  And I'll hold it.

LRB - Glad you're ok... people are so oblivious sometimes. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

LRB

Man I would be screaming a whole lot of bad words at them, and flipping them off.

I do not engage drivers. My go-to move is to turn my back with my hands on my hips and stare up at the sky, as if to say, you're a fucking moron. That actually works for me, as I am subtlety making them feel stupid, if they even care, which some don't.  Other times I stare in their general direction as if to say, da fuck was that??

But no, engaging a stranger is not something I would advise because the person might be crazier than you. Then what...

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

OMG Bert-O.... that's my constant nightmare lol.... sadly I constantly find myself having to stop for those breaks while out on my runs..... 

LRB... remember who you're talking to.... I only give you guys a fraction of my crazy....plus with Jetta at my side, that driver would have to run us over and hope I don't have something big and heavy to throw at their vehicle.

I let my anger get the best of me too often, but most cases they either keep driving or motion about how sorry and shit they are to me, at that point I tone it down but I'm still angry...... I mean I could have died person!!!!

PRs