Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 54 times)

DavePNW

SRD. Just looking at spring marathons 

Actually there is no need; we will pick one for you.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

2:50AM??? Wow! Do you not need a lot of sleep?

Lol I can do okay with 4 hours of sleep, normally going to bed around 10 pm and some disturbances through my sleep. If I get more than like 6 hours of sleep, I wake up feeling like butchered meat that was then ran over by a train,  THEN thrown into the meat grinder.....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

RunningOnSand

Lol I can do okay with 4 hours of sleep, normally going to bed around 10 pm and some disturbances through my sleep. If I get more than like 6 hours of sleep, I wake up feeling like butchered meat that was then ran over by a train,  THEN thrown into the meat grinder.....

That's impressive. I'm with GE and more on the "I need 9 hours of sleep" to function at my best. My husband's more in your category.

oldfartrunner

FreeSoul: Nice job, and it looks like somebody washed her running shorts.   ...No flies today!

ROS: You'll kill it!

ZZ: The light bulb just went on when I saw the massive weight being lifted!   Good to see you! 

CY: That's probably good because of conflict of interest  laws.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah, some do well with lots of sleep and some do better with less.

Lmao OFR... yes I did.

Just gonna leave this link here....

https://m.facebook.com/groups/205345606219717?view=permalink&id=1588038947950369

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's impressive. I'm with GE and more on the "I need 9 hours of sleep" to function at my best. My husband's more in your category.

Oh, I sleep 4-5 a day as she does.  I am just still working at midnight, which is why 2:50am is just when I'm falling asleep, lol.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It was easier two years ago.....

Most mornings I'm so tempted to go back to bed after the gym.....

PRs

Runshortii

The Wisconsin Marathon tends to always be nice and cool but windy

Green Bay CellCom is a good race but it can be warm

I ran the Carmel Marathon in IN in 2013. Nothing bad to say about that one. I think some years it was kind of warm so the bumped the date up a few weeks

Wisconsin is my hometown race too. I've ran the HM 2 or 3 times in the past. I know the FM used to have sections on gravel, but I think they've changed it...I've run parts of that course so many times in training that I'm almost sick of it, but it's a nice flat course

i originally wanted to run Green Bay, but my dumb butt already committed to a co-workers Ragnar team that weekend . I actually really wanted to run Grandma's in June, but the last couple of years it's been super warm.....

Runshortii

Actually there is no need; we will pick one for you.

At this point that might be better lol

Baboon

delicate flower

At this point that might be better lol

What is your travel radius?  This will help get things started on our end.

<3

zzyzx

FreeSoul: Nice job, and it looks like somebody washed her running shorts.   ...No flies today!

ROS: You'll kill it!

ZZ: The light bulb just went on when I saw the massive weight being lifted!   Good to see you! 

CY: That's probably good because of conflict of interest  laws.

I added a profile picture... maybe I need the outrunning diabetes sig.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Just realized that link takes you to the facebook page.... here's the important link.

https://runningmagazine.ca/jozef-urban-2017-kosice-peace-marathon/

PRs

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good gravy..go see the gastroenterologist about what I think are some minor stomach issues....next thing I know I am scheduled for an immediate colonoscopy for this Thursday and will get a liver biopsy in December. I think I will quit going to the doctor, lol, they just keep finding stuff!

Got up early today and got in 3.4 miles.  We had 'Fall' weather - for Texas anyway - last week, in the low 60s  Not this week...dew-point over 70 today, very muggy feeling, temp already near 70 when I ran at 5:30 a.m. this morning.  Drenched by the time I got done.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

oldfartrunner

Just realized that link takes you to the facebook page.... here's the important link.

https://runningmagazine.ca/jozef-urban-2017-kosice-peace-marathon/

Damn!  That boy needs a jocky strap big time!

oldfartrunner

I added a profile picture... maybe I need the outrunning diabetes sig.