Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 54 times)

oldfartrunner

Well, we got the workouts in!  The wife did 8 miles with, 10X 2min @ 5K effort/1:30JR. I got 10+ 4.25 up, 8X800 @ 3:10-16/2:30JR, .25 jog DN. Now got to go work on the hammy and ice it down.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Damn!  That boy needs a jocky strap big time!

Or some shorts that actually keep his junk in lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

As of today, I've ran 40.8 miles in the last 7 days...... I'll be satisfied when I see that between a Sunday and Saturday or Monday through Sunday..... this shit can be confusing...

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

oldfartrunner

Or some shorts that actually keep his junk in lol.

Looks like he needs those down to the knees shorts!

Runshortii

Yeah, some do well with lots of sleep and some do better with less.

Lmao OFR... yes I did.

Just gonna leave this link here....

https://m.facebook.com/groups/205345606219717?view=permalink&id=1588038947950369

Someone posted that on my Facebook 😂

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/health/breathe/2017/10/03/our-shoes-first-marathon-so-close-boston-qualifying/726495001/

This article popped up today, it's not about me, but I finished right behind that girl and am in the pictures lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol

PRs

breadnatty08

Man, this thread moves much faster than the RWOL one!

8.9mi on the trails this morning with 3x6min tempo.  A nice race week effort to push the legs on trails.  Haven't done it in a while (doing all workouts on pavement).

OFR, yep, chill 50k this weekend.  A "fatass" for those of you who don't know is an unsanctioned race which means: free registration (well we all supply a piece of aid; myself a bottle of Coke), fewer aid stations though this one will have 5 total which is plenty and no stupid bib to wear.  It's mainly for training purposes, especially those who are running a 50 miler later this Fall like JFK, Stone Mill or Masochist.  I'm running it to PR in the distance.  

Re: bedtimes, I go to bed no later than 9 and generally up by 4:30.  Might start earlier in a month or so when the new job starts.  I loves the baker hours!

Find me on Strava

DavePNW

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/health/breathe/2017/10/03/our-shoes-first-marathon-so-close-boston-qualifying/726495001/

This article popped up today, it's not about me, but I finished right behind that girl and am in the pictures lol

Cool!

My race pic brush with greatness was also my first marathon, Grand Rapids. The picture they used for the web home page of the following year's race was a group of runners I remember being with, but I was just barely out of the frame. So close to being famous.

Dave

onemile

Someone posted that on my Facebook 😂

She blames her potty break but she ran the first half at a 3:25:48 pace. lol  Uhhh that's an 11+ min pos split. Not the potty's fault.

Your race was much better Shorti and you should have been the star of the article.

Runshortii

She blames her potty break but she ran the first half at a 3:25:48 pace. lol  Uhhh that's an 11+ min pos split. Not the potty's fault.

Your race was much better Shorti and you should have been the star of the article.

Yeah I noticed that lol. She was 6 minutes ahead of me at the half

LRB

Good gravy..go see the gastroenterologist about what I think are some minor stomach issues....next thing I know I am scheduled for an immediate colonoscopy for this Thursday and will get a liver biopsy in December. I think I will quit going to the doctor, lol, they just keep finding stuff!

That sounds like bad gravy.

DavePNW

I propose a strongly worded letter to the editor!

Also, forum rules are that you must post your race pics when you get them. OK to add to race report thread. 'Prec.

Dave

DavePNW

Sounds like she did not go the proper number of times before the race.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That sounds like bad gravy.

True. Hoping it’s nothing, Scotty.

Damaris

Runshortii

Sounds like she did not go the proper number of times before the race.

I think that was the key to my success