Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 54 times)

oldfartrunner

I think that was the key to my success 

GEHamlin

Nice run OFR!

Yeah, ROS...me and you on the sleep thing. Fighting off whatever bug I got has found me sleeping 9+ hrs/night and grabbing 2+ hr naps in daylight. The upshot: I am feeling better FINALLY. Fingers crossed I can get in good miles tomorrow.

Only made it about 2.5 mi this am before my upset tummy had something to say so it was back home and to bed for me.

Someone say spring marathon??? I'm registered for Paris in April! It's true. Got the plane tix and hotels. It's happening.

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 easy miles.

oldfartrunner

GEH: Thanks and get better! Sad Paris! Ooh La La!

BREAD: That the same one you ran the last couple years?  If it is, CR is going to fall!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Scottydawg, hope all goes well with the tests.

Fresssoul, OMG, the video. And the first thing he does when he crosses the finish line is shuts off his watch! Not cover his junk!

Add me to the "need at least 8, preferably 9, hours of sleep.

RunningOnSand

Just realized that link takes you to the facebook page.... here's the important link.

https://runningmagazine.ca/jozef-urban-2017-kosice-peace-marathon/

Well, that answered a few questions! 

RunningOnSand

GE: PARIS!!!!  Can't wait to see pics from your amazing trip!

Scottydawg, things sure do escalate quickly with doctors! Hoping for the best and it's just a good precautionary measure.

Cyberic

Maybe when you run a 2:20 marathon you don't feel your body parts flapping? I will never know. Sigh.

I think that potty break marathon mother doesn't know about the cutoff, or at least the writer of the article doesn't (automatic qualifier... Yeah, right)

oldfartrunner

Fresssoul, OMG, the video. And the first thing he does when he crosses the finish line is shuts off his watch! Not cover his junk!

He probably hangs his junk out all the time.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Maybe when you run a 2:20 marathon you don't feel your body parts flapping? I will never know. Sigh.

Or a breeze?

Cyberic

Or a breeze?

That part must have felt nice Smile

DavePNW

Someone say spring marathon??? I'm registered for Paris in April! It's true. Got the plane tix and hotels. It's happening.

Cool!

Have you run an overseas marathon before? I think the time change would be a killer, unless you are just sort of fun-running it and not so worried about your finish time.

MTA: my tentative spring race is Eugene, which of course is known as the Paris of western Oregon.

Dave

Runshortii

Super cool!

Cyberic

Damn! That's nice. I decided not to register for Boston as there are so many marathons to do, why do the same one over and over (unless it's your local marathon)?

Paris sounds like a good choice. Has a nice ring ro it.

DavePNW

I decided not to register for Boston as there are so many marathons to do, why do the same one over and over (unless it's your local marathon)?

Yeah, me too. 

So far I have done 8 marathons and not repeated any. I'm sorta planning on continuing the streak (next 2 already penciled in), partially because there isn't one I'm particularly interested in doing again, and partially just because. I guess it helped to move to another part of the country after the first 4.

MTA: and I have yet to run my current hometown marathon.

Dave