Beginners and Beyond

What up doe? (Read 61 times)

Zelanie

We didn't get any vegetarian poutine when we were in Vancouver. Now we need to go back!

Cyberic

Gotta be careful what a poutine really is. I've had what was sold to me as a poutine in New Brunswick, that was NOT a poutine, as the cheese was not cheese curd. It makes a huge difference in taste if you use grated cheese. There is also the gravy: although the same gravy as you would use in a hot chicken will work, real poutine gravy is different.

I have not been to Vancouver, but my guess is a real poutine might be hard to find. In Quebec though, they're all over the place, and most places will serve a decent poutine.

If lily meant me when she mentioned 'rick', then a poutine is  simply french fries, cheese curd, and poutine gravy.

Zelanie

Well yeah, we need to get to eastern Canada as well, but that would be more involved.

LRB

But Rick seems to have a different idea of what it actually is. I'll let him explain it to you, though.

That made me laugh so loud!!  I sure as hell was thinking it when Cy first mentioned it!

I swear one of these days I promise to grow up, just not today.

LRB

I just came in from a little yard work.  Oops, heat index says it's 104.  Good thing I am home.  Now eating cantelope and Gatorade.

I opt Indian food for you.

lol - I actually went to an Indian restaurant about a month or so ago having a taste for the rice and bread. I left empty handed though after just being overwhelmed with the 32,000 choices up on the menu board. It was overwhelming!

LRB

I suggest a monster salad, with a little slice of cheese on the side. Mine will have romaine, carrots, tomatoes, and homemade refrigerator pickles, possibly with some walnuts sprinkled on top.

What kind of dressing do you prefer?

One of my favorite salads is not really a salad at all. I get it at the salad bar though and it is chopped broccoli, chick peas, diced tomatoes and feta cheese topped with Italian dressing.

Very simple yet tasty.

Cyberic

That made me laugh so loud!!  I sure as hell was thinking it when Cy first mentioned it!

I swear one of these days I promise to grow up, just not today.

Ok, so lily did think of you when she mentioned Rick. Makes sense, since it's your name and not mine Smile

By your reaction, I'm thinking women anatomy... lol.

StepbyStep-SH

What kind of dressing do you prefer?

One of my favorite salads is not really a salad at all. I get it at the salad bar though and it is chopped broccoli, chick peas, diced tomatoes and feta cheese topped with Italian dressing.

Very simple yet tasty.

I didn't use any today - just the "juices" from the refrigerator pickles. My top choice is a good bleu cheese dressing, but I change it up with balsamic viniagrette and others. I made a chop salad a few weeks ago with an avocado/lime/cilantro yogurt dressing that was very yummy!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

I didn't use any today - just the "juices" from the refrigerator pickles. My top choice is a good bleu cheese dressing, but I change it up with balsamic viniagrette and others. I made a chop salad a few weeks ago with an avocado/lime/cilantro yogurt dressing that was very yummy!

I switch it up as well. Bleu cheese was one of my all time favorites, but since the explosion of buffalo wings I have not had a good one in ages.

They just all seem to be just bleu cheese flavored cream.

StepbyStep-SH

I switch it up as well. Bleu cheese was one of my all time favorites, but since the explosion of buffalo wings I have not had a good one in ages.

They just all seem to be just bleu cheese flavored cream.

I remember as a kid being very unhappy when ranch dressing hit the scene, because then half the restaurants stopped offering bleu cheese and just had ranch. I don't mind ranch, but I want my bleu cheese! With big chunks of real cheese. Ranch is a cheap substitute.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

I remember as a kid being very unhappy when ranch dressing hit the scene, because then half the restaurants stopped offering bleu cheese and just had ranch. I don't mind ranch, but I want my bleu cheese! With big chunks of real cheese. Ranch is a cheap substitute.

All of that.

I miss real French dressing too, not that Catalina crap.

Hip Redux

Yes, my comment was meant as a joke.  A lame one, at best. Smile  Obviously, there are good reasons, medical or otherwise, to give up coffee.

Since I don't drink coffee, I'm a little slow on the uptake in the AM. 

Cyberic

Even if I drink coffee, I'm a little slow on the uptake. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Cy, you need to let me know where to eat there before the race.  Burgers for hubby, poutine for me.  Go!

Damaris

DavePNW

MTA: A logical reason for me would be that I don't like being hooked on anything. What do you do if you're in a situation where you can't have coffee? 

I do not ever want to be in that situation. My response to anyone who asks me whether I'm addicted to coffee is "I don't know, I've never tried going without it". I do not have my coffee till post-run, so sometimes not till late AM if a LR day.

Anyway, 11 miles with 3 x 2 miles. And I agree with Cyberic's comment that these workouts are tougher than they sound, I've always said that. Although I still usually try to go faster than Hansons' recommended MP-10.

Dave