Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: The truth about Pork and Beans (Read 40 times)

happylily

For some reason, I just ate a whole bag of chips, and now I'm going to open a bottle of wine. That will be my supper. And I've decided to not run after all. That's called "I'm tapering, get the fuck out of my way".

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

For some reason, I just ate a whole bag of chips, and now I'm going to open a bottle of wine. That will be my supper. And I've decided to not run after all. That's called "I'm tapering, get the fuck out of my way".

You just gave me a great idea for a tasty delicious snack, thanks!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

For some reason I want a candy apple.

of course you want a candy apple...

who the fuck wouldn't...

I mean, its candy and an apple for fucks sake...

the best of man made and nature made...

LRB

of course you want a candy apple...

who the fuck wouldn't...

I mean, its candy and an apple for fucks sake...

the best of man made and nature made...

True, but some people fancy caramel apples.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

True, but some people fancy caramel apples.

I LOVE caramel apples, but prefer chocolate covered any-fruit.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I LOVE caramel apples, but prefer chocolate covered any-fruit.

I hear you like chocolate covered man parts too...

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I hear you like chocolate covered man parts too...

lol, sadly DH doesn't trust me enough to try it, I am a bit of a biter and chocolate would probably be too tempting

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Rawr!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rawr!

I think that is supposed to be all caps....just sayin....

PRs

Cyberic

For some reason I just finished a beer and want another one. Why would I resist such a temptation? I just won't.

India Pale Ale tonight!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

4 miles done.

I couldn't breathe well and I got worried.  Then I realized I was running in a swamp and that is normal.  Oops.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I actually had to chick a girl (well, young woman), who every time I tried to pass her so I could go on my way without someone beside me on the sidewalk, she would accelerate but later slow down because she did not have endurance.  So, I just put on the turbo and finished the last 0.5 miles of the run at a sprint.  I left her in the dust in 2 seconds.  Oops.

Damaris

happylily

GRRR... I just received my corral info for NYCM. I'm in wave 1, orange, which means I'm on top of the bridge, so I won't get urinated on. That's the good part. The bad part is that my corral closes at 8:55 and I chose the bus shuttle as my mean of transportation to the start and I have a 7:15 departure. I was worried that my bus would not make it there on time, so tonight I wrote NYRR directly to ask them. These guys are fast! I already got a reply.  They say there is definitely a problem and I must meet with a Janet at the expo to get that fixed. Not sure what that means. If they reassign me to Wave 2, at least I will get some donuts, apparently. That's a consolation, right? sigh... And I was all happy about my late shuttle departure in the morning, and a two minute walk from my hotel. Now I'm going to have to be up at 5 am and freeze my azz until the start of the race, at 9:40. sigh... I need another glass of wine.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

GRRR... I just received my corral info for NYCM. I'm in wave 1, orange, which means I'm on top of the bridge, so I won't get urinated on. That's the good part. The bad part is that my corral closes at 8:55 and I chose the bus shuttle as my mean of transportation to the start and I have a 7:15 departure. I was worried that my bus would not make it there on time, so tonight I wrote NYRR directly to ask them. These guys are fast! I already got a reply.  They say there is definitely a problem and I must meet with a Janet at the expo to get that fixed. Not sure what that means. If they reassign me to Wave 2, at least I will get some donuts, apparently. That's a consolation, right? sigh... And I was all happy about my late shuttle departure in the morning, and a two minute walk from my hotel. Now I'm going to have to be up at 5 am and freeze my azz until the start of the race, at 9:40. sigh... I need another glass of wine.

DH bitched last year about how I pick hotels so close to the start, because they are pricey and he would much rather us book cheaper ones that are like freaking 5-10 miles away. I told him fuck that, I will always book a hotel as close to the start and finish and still be somewhat decent in price, I won't take any chances of getting there late or stressing over it. This year the hotel is just around the corner from the start and barely half a mile from it, but I think the finish is about a mile from the hotel or close to it so I'll be walking to the start and hobbling from the finish to the hotel.

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

If worse comes to worse, take the train to the ferry.  They don't check for whether you should be there or not (all schedules are accepted even if you get there earlier or later).

And I have run NY three times, been under the bridge three times, in the left corner, and never seen urinating from the top (or being urinated upon).  I think it's an urban legend.

Damaris