Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: The truth about Pork and Beans (Read 40 times)

happylily

DH bitched last year about how I pick hotels so close to the start, because they are pricey and he would much rather us book cheaper ones that are like freaking 5-10 miles away. I told him fuck that, I will always book a hotel as close to the start and finish and still be somewhat decent in price, I won't take any chances of getting there late or stressing over it. This year the hotel is just around the corner from the start and barely half a mile from it, but I think the finish is about a mile from the hotel or close to it so I'll be walking to the start and hobbling from the finish to the hotel.

+1. A difference of $50-75 between hotels is worth it for the convenience and stress free preparation.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

+1. A difference of $50-75 between hotels is worth it for the convenience and stress free preparation.

Yep, that's what I always tell him  He can decide on hotels when he is the one doing races out of town 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

outoftheblue

It's hard to believe that "not getting peed on" is considered a lucky draw for a corral assignment in NYC.  Have some class people.

8 easy miles in the books today -- which may be the last run I get in until Sunday and our friends go home.  They are a very fun people, but hard-partying and late-night folks.

Life is good.

LRB

8 easy miles in the books today -- which may be the last run I get in until Sunday and our friends go home.  They are a very fun people, but hard-partying and late-night folks.

Sounds like a peep or two here.  Smile

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

It's hard to believe that "not getting peed on" is considered a lucky draw for a corral assignment in NYC.  Have some class people.

Lily

Is all about the peed on apparently.   I have not experienced that myself.

happylily

Lily

Is all about the peed on apparently.   I have not experienced that myself.

YOU... I do not speak to anymore.

Weds. night hill drills done.  Ebola shitstorm supplies stashed.  The cat is being calm and I can drink a beer, not a bad day.

happylily

Weds. night hill drills done.  Ebola shitstorm supplies stashed.  The cat is being calm and I can drink a beer, not a bad day.

What about the zombies? Do you have the bow and arrows ready by the side of the door?

LRB

I just spent some time reading about ebola, that's some pretty scary stuff.

DavePNW

I just spent some time reading about ebola, that's some pretty scary stuff.

It must have taken quite an extensive internet search to find any info on that.

Dave

What about the zombies? Do you have the bow and arrows ready by the side of the door?

LRB

It must have taken quite an extensive internet search to find any info on that.

lol

It's funny how one could live in the eye of a hurricane of information and choose (for whatever reason) not to know anything about it and succeed.

happylily

LOL... That's a great pic!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Apparently, the cat is the archer?

Damaris

DavePNW

Apparently, the cat is the archer?

That is one badass fuckin' cat.

Dave