Beginners and Beyond

Running for Boston today (Read 140 times)

Ms Chenandler Bong

I did 4 early this morning on the TM.  The gym was busier than normal for that early, the TM's around TV's showing CNN were the busiest.  I saw a friend but didn't feel like chatting so I found a TM in the corner.  I wore my Air Force Marathon shirt, my first marathon.  And for the rest of the day my Disney HM shirt since it's bright yellow.

Still so sad today.

Marathon and ultra marathon runner.  Sour Patch Kid addict.

happylily

This is 8 year old Martin Richard.  I just got back from running 8 miles in his memory.  I didn't know his name or his face while I was running, but I do now.

No more hurting people. Peace.

Man... I had to hold back my tears when I saw this. The city today is filled with kindness. Bostonians are amazing people. I'll be back next year for sure. Boston needs our love at the moment, so let's show our support for this great city and its marathon.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

I don't think I can run today. I have difficulty walking down stairs, still. But I walked about 6 miles today, I wore my race shirt and I thanked as many Bostonians as I could. I'm so grateful and so sorry at the same time. Mixed emotions, very strong emotions.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Nevrgivup

Just finished 3.7 miles. It was by far one of my hardest runs in a very long time. Harder than any race that I've run. Its going to take a very long time to process what happened yesterday. 

Lily- I'm so glad that this event hasn't tainted the beauty of the city. I hope to meet you next year.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Nevrgivup

Cool

Gonna try to at least get in a jog when I get home.

Also, I'm going one step further -- this season I will be a Red Sox fan as a small thanks to the spirit of Bostonians.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Did 5 this morning, plus another 2.62 after work.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Inspired by others here I put in 8 tonight for Martin Richard.  I hadn't run 8 in a while so it felt good to hurt.  I can honestly say I'd have bagged it early if I hadn't thought about that whole family throughout my run tonight.

As a dad and runner I don't even want to imagine the horror that family is going through.

God bless Boston!

Randy

Chasing the bus

'Nother 6 from Prudhoe Bay, AK. Thought about 8, but the last two were into a freshening breeze that took the windchill down to 'bout -15, and I was done.

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
                  Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

Hip Redux

'Nother 6 from Prudhoe Bay, AK. Thought about 8, but the last two were into a freshening breeze that took the windchill down to 'bout -15, and I was done.

I think you win our current "worst running weather" award here, Furthur!

I ran  four miles today in my Dave's 10 miler race shirt.  As I put it on I was instantly reminded of Boston!  I just ran and fought the urge to cry.  I just kept thinking of all the people both running and watching what was supposed to be a joyous occasion and that it ended so horrifically.  I just tried to think about the joy of running and that i would not allow this event to take that away from me.

Hip Redux

Folks should check out the Run for Boston 4-17 FB page here - WOW so many runners today!!

I ran 6.52 before work. During my break, I ran 2.12. I'm off to my local LRS's run club meetup. We're meeting half an hour later than usual, so that those who usually run with the group that meets at the Boylston Street location may join us.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The local YMCA is having a 1 mile run tomorrow morning at 6 a.m to honor the victims and families. My 7 mile tempo run is tomorrow evening but Dorian and I are going to join them in the morning.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Knit1Run2

Master of Chaos

You must know my husband, Michael, who does those runs all the time.  He did that same run last night.

I ran 6.52 before work. During my break, I ran 2.12. I'm off to my local LRS's run club meetup. We're meeting half an hour later than usual, so that those who usually run with the group that meets at the Boylston Street location may join us.

Baboon

delicate flower

Being unable to run has been particularly frustrating this week.  I'd love to be able to say I ran X number of miles for Boston or joined up with a group run, while wearing a race shirt and thinking of everyone affected.  I realize it would have no impact on anything, but it would just be nice to participate.  Meh...oh well.  It's not about me anyway.   

<3