Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdaylies on the 28th (Read 37 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rest day. I think I was freaking out on Monday, my legs are feeling better, except for both Piroformis thingies which still feel a but sore.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Rest day. I think I was freaking out on Monday, my legs are feeling better, except for both Piroformis thingies which still feel a but sore.

A but sore? Is your mind never not in the gutter? 

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I seem to have a missing mojo. I can't understand why. LOL. I did run 5 miles yesterday and have started incorporating some upper body workouts. Apparently I have zero upper body strength. I shall run again tomorrow. No races on the agenda for awhile so I  am going to ease back the mileage and try to maintain a nice solid base.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

onemile

Boston cutoff is 2:09 this year

LRB

I seem to have a missing mojo. I can't understand why. LOL. I did run 5 miles yesterday and have started incorporating some upper body workouts. Apparently I have zero upper body strength. I shall run again tomorrow. No races on the agenda for awhile so I  am going to ease back the mileage and try to maintain a nice solid base.

That you are running at all is a good sign. I imagine I wouldn't be able to go #2 unassisted for a month after running that many miles, let alone run. lol

LRB

Wow. With all the heat related issues, I was certain it would drop under two minutes. Shows you how much I know. lol

onemile

Wow. With all the heat related issues, I was certain it would drop under two minutes. Shows you how much I know. lol

It sounds like they accepted fewer entries than previous years for some reason 23,000+ instead of 24,000+

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Now that really makes it a race for the elite. Only 52 men have run that fast this year.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

It sounds like they accepted fewer entries than previous years for some reason 23,000+ instead of 24,000+

I know someone who barely qualified at Bayshore, but ran Air Force to try for a better time. Off to see if she made it...

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

A but sore? Is your mind never not in the gutter? 

Lol. Never  but I am serious about the Piroformis aching.... and not for sexual reasons 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Baboon

delicate flower

I know someone who barely qualified at Bayshore, but ran Air Force to try for a better time. Off to see if she made it...

Oski's husband BQ'd by a minute-plus, then tried again and BQ'd by like 7 minutes.

<3

12.5 easy, and it was enjoyable.  The typical post-marathon ennui is nowhere to be found.

LRB

Off to see if she made it...

"Missed it by 4 seconds.  All of the predictions had a really low to no cut off so I'm still trying to absorb the disappointment right now.  Here's the kicker, I skipped running the Air Force 2 weeks ago because I thought I was going to be okay based on the predictions. Super rough lesson learned."  

"Missed it by 4 seconds.  All of the predictions had a really low to no cut off so I'm still trying to absorb the disappointment right now.  Here's the kicker, I skipped running the Air Force 2 weeks ago because I thought I was going to be okay based on the predictions. Super rough lesson learned."  

Uggggh.

LRB

Uggggh.

Unfortunately, we see it every year.