Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdaylies on the 28th (Read 37 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm going to tell  you guys the plan I have Saturday, so you can hold me to it or at least that you know what I plan on doing.

It appears that they've only got nine pace teams for this race - 1:40, 1:50, 2:00, 2:10, 2:20, 2:30, 2:45, 3:00 and 3:15.

Of course that is what their website states, so who knows but I do know that my goals are this:

Goal A - a finish time under 1:50:00 (8:20mm)

Goal B - finish time of 1:45:00 (8:00mm)

Goal C - Place in the top 3 in my AG

So my plan is to start with the 1:50 pace group or just ahead of them and try to keep a pace roughly between 8:15-8:20mm for the first 5-7 miles, then gauge how I feel and go from there. I'm hoping for a negative split which will be hard since I'll be pushing myself much more than I have for a HM.

There, now you know the plan.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

I'm going to tell  you guys the plan I have Saturday, so you can hold me to it or at least that you know what I plan on doing.

It appears that they've only got nine pace teams for this race - 1:40, 1:50, 2:00, 2:10, 2:20, 2:30, 2:45, 3:00 and 3:15.

Of course that is what their website states, so who knows but I do know that my goals are this:

Goal A - a finish time under 1:50:00 (8:20mm)

Goal B - finish time of 1:45:00 (8:00mm)

Goal C - Place in the top 3 in my AG

So my plan is to start with the 1:50 pace group or just ahead of them and try to keep a pace roughly between 8:15-8:20mm for the first 5-7 miles, then gauge how I feel and go from there. I'm hoping for a negative split which will be hard since I'll be pushing myself much more than I have for a HM.

I kind of miss the days when 20/sec per mile wasn't so huge...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, back from court!  Read through but late to the party.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That was like 5 years ago for me.

Damaris

Cyberic

Wow. With all the heat related issues, I was certain it would drop under two minutes. Shows you how much I know. lol

Yeah, I thought that too, but because experts were predicting it. It made sense. It did not happen that way.

Baboon...

Cyberic

12.5 easy, and it was enjoyable.  The typical post-marathon ennui is nowhere to be found.

Excellent. Glad to hear that. What is your next big plan, running related?

LRB

You are the second B in this groups title, and therefore well beyond the point of needing a pace group for anything other than for them to eat your dust!

Excellent. Glad to hear that. What is your next big plan, running related?

Gonna try to get top 10 AG at Boston, since I conveniently turn 40 a couple weeks prior.

What's next on the radar for you?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What do you mean?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You are the second B in this groups title, and therefore well beyond the point of needing a pace group for anything other than for them to eat your dust!

Yeah, but a pace group will keep me on pace dang it  I don't want to go out too damn fast and feel it around mile 9, and if I can't get a negative split then I at least want a consistent pace per mile, and an average 8:15-8:20mm pace doesn't sound too tough for the first 7-8 miles.... as long as my body goes along with the plan.

PRs

bluerun

Super B****

What do you mean?

The faster you get, the harder you have to work for smaller gains.  It's a lot easier to go from and 8:30 mile to an 8:10 mile than from 6:30 to 6:10.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Hip Redux

I think he's really glad he had a backup.

And in two weeks he's running his first of however many attempts to make 2018 lol

Oski's husband BQ'd by a minute-plus, then tried again and BQ'd by like 7 minutes.

LRB

Yeah, but a pace group will keep me on pace dang it  I don't want to go out too damn fast and feel it around mile 9, and if I can't get a negative split then I at least want a consistent pace per mile, and an average 8:15-8:20mm pace doesn't sound too tough for the first 7-8 miles.... as long as my body goes along with the plan.

Except, what if the pace group goes out too fast...

#theplotthickens

Half Crazy K 2.0

Do not assume the pace group is going to run perfectly even splits. I started with the 9:30 in my last half and they were running 10+ seconds per mile faster in the uphill miles 1 and 2. And then slowed to like 9:40 in the flats.

Baboon

delicate flower

I think he's really glad he had a backup.

And in two weeks he's running his first of however many attempts to make 2018 lol

He can jog his way to a BQ now with the runs he's been putting in.

<3