Beginners and Beyond

ISLAGIATT Sundailies (Read 35 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran for 2 hours today. For me, the definition of a long run is at least two hours. I'm not talking for anyone else, just for myself. For some, it's not long enough, for others it's too long, for me it's juuuuust right.

44.6 miles for the week.

As for temperature, it's 46, with 19 MPH winds with drafts at 32 MPH. I wore shorts and a long sleeve shirt. Hands were a little cold at first, but after a couple of miles, I was fine.

That would be around 11 miles for me which I don't consider a LR.

Damaris

LRB

I rarely run for two hours unless I'm training for a marathon. Otherwise, 10 - 12 miles is my "long" run.

DavePNW

Of course for him that's probably about 15. I have historically classified 12+ as LR for logging purposes (unless it included some kind of interval or tempo). But since creating the MLR category in my log when starting Pfitz, for 12-15, I guess I will just continue to use that category for that distance.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Of course for him that's probably about 15. I have historically classified 12+ as LR for logging purposes (unless it included some kind of interval or tempo). But since creating the MLR category in my log when starting Pfitz, for 12-15, I guess I will just continue to use that category for that distance.

I still use that category for 12-15. Thanks to Pfitz

Damaris

Hip Redux

Well I broke 4 hours lol omg

Damn that was hard.

Cyberic

Yes, in the vicinity of 15. Could be less, could be more, too, depending if there's a good portion of the run at MP.

For a little while I had the MLR category in my log, and used it for runs in the 90-120 minutes range, but don't use it anymore since I've never used a Pfitz plan, and going out for a MLR is never the target of my runs.

I have used the LR category for shorter than 120 minutes runs. Last Sunday, for example, the purpose was to run long, and even though I stopped after 1:40 (12.5 miles), I decided to classify it as long as that is what I was going for, and it sure felt like a LR. Felt longer than today's 15.

onemile

Yep!

That was my first marathon.

delicate flower

Damn that was hard.

WOO HOO!  Awesome job!  Nice day for a trail race!

<3

Cyberic

Damn that was hard.

4 hours of difficult terrain is hard by definition. Congratulations.

delicate flower

Wife had to swim so I tagged along.  2600 yards, with 5 x 500 with the pull buoy (i.e. no legs involved).

Big training week complete.

Swim - 6.0 miles

Bike - 172.5 miles

Run - 33.4 miles

18 hours, 1 minute of total training time.  Bring on recovery week.

<3

DavePNW

10.5 in a steady drizzle. Longest run in 3 weeks, so decided to go ahead & log it as MLR. Try to stop me.

40 for the week (thanks to that extra 0.5).

Dave

Hip Redux

4 hours of difficult terrain is hard by definition. Congratulations.

Thanks!

There were several spots that looked like this, but with more rocks and no way around it.  I couldn't WALK it easily, it was struggle to keep moving forward!  Mentally that was really tough.

Cyberic

Wife had to swim so I tagged along.  2600 yards, with 5 x 500 with the pull buoy (i.e. no legs involved).

Big training week complete.

Swim - 6.0 miles

Bike - 172.5 miles

Run - 33.4 miles

18 hours, 1 minute of total training time.  Bring on recovery week.

Only 33 miles of running? Slacker!

Seriously, 18 hours of training is quite a bit. Do you feel more tired than when only training for a marathon?

Cyberic

Thanks!

There were several spots that looked like this, but with more rocks and no way around it.  I couldn't WALK it easily, it was struggle to keep moving forward!  Mentally that was really tough.

Looks like tons of fun.

That's the best photo of you I've ever seen. You look so happy 

Hip Redux

Looks like tons of fun.

That's the best photo of you I've ever seen. You look so happy 

Haha, DaveP is working on a composite sketch from all the minimal photos I post of myself :P