Beginners and Beyond

Deleted (Read 129 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the caommon benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

oops

Love the Half

Nah.  You just thought you deleted it.    (And thus can a thread take on a whole new life).

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

delicate flower

Gotta love a college football bowl game live on the TV during your 4:00 afternoon treadmill run.

<3

LRB

Bowl games are everywhere these days!  I miss the days of the full slate of premium bowls on New Years Day...or maybe i am just old.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I thought I had locked this thread but since it has you so entertained, go ahead.  That's how chat threads start, just saying.

Damaris

Love the Half

I thought I had locked this thread but since it has you so entertained, go ahead.  That's how chat threads start, just saying.

You had locked it but it's the holidays and I'm feeling festive.  

As for the bowl season, I'm a college football fan and bowl season is one of my favorite times of the year.  Love it, love it, love it.  The best part is that most of the match ups are fairly good games.  Sure, there are the occasional games where one team just flat doesn't show up (see Arizona State's flat performance vs. Texas Tech last night) but, overall, it beats the hell out of Alabama vs. Mount St. Mary's in the 2nd week of the season.

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

LRB

As for the bowl season, I'm a college football fan and bowl season is one of my favorite times of the year.  Love it, love it, love it. The best part is that most of the match ups are fairly good games...

I agree with that, the games are just all over the place now.  I prefer when the big four; Orange, Rose, Sugar and Cotton bowl were played on the same day between the three networks.

Somewhere along the line the Cotton bowl became irrelevant and the Fiesta became the fourth.

LRB

Since we are on the subject:

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Do I have to rename the thread now?

delicate flower

I am sure some folks wouldn't mind seeing a football thread deleted *cough cough MY WIFE cough cough*

<3

Love the Half

No way.  The best thing about a hijacked thread is the utter unpredictability about what may happen.

delicate flower

I am looking forward to New Year's Day so I can finally get myself into shape and lose some weight.

<3

happylily

What the heck is going on, here? Listen to me, people: For 2014, I want NO MORE FOOTBALL TALK, NO MORE CANDY AND DONUT TALK, NO MORE BEER TALK AND NO MORE PET TALK. For anything else left, you can come to me and ask if it's acceptable. Thank you for being considerate of my needs.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

That leaves nothing to talk about except running.  Ain't nobody got time for that!