Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Juuust a bit outside (Read 34 times)

LRB

'Sup, yo.

I just have a couple hours in the office this morning, before I head downtown to watch the Tigers take on the Red Sox this afternoon.

It's funny (not really!), that when I bought the ticket, they were in the midst of winning a million games, making this a premier matchup. Welp, now they've lost a million games and yeah, no, not so much! 

Anyway, it'll be nice to take in some sights and a couple of brews if nothing else.

That's my story, what's yours?

on my way to badass

Baseball sounds like fun, bet the brews are pricey.

Home almost a week from vacation (Maine lobster and beach run) and not catching up on chores very well.  DS was sick before we left and has now developed an ear infection FFS.  Antibiotics have ensued.  I will get out and run today!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I did the ole 3.3 again this morning.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Jetta and I got in 8.5 miles this morning, although I had stopped my Garmin on 8.6, when I hit save it acted as if it were shutting off then went to the paused screen asking me to either resume, save or discard. And it was at 8.52 with a whole minute cut from it as well......

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Brilliant

Anyway, it'll be nice to take in some sights and a couple of brews if nothing else.

Fun afternoon, have a great time! My daughter recently asked if we are going to an Angels game this year; when I told her "not planning on it" she was disappointed because she wanted beer & nachos.  I told her I'd serve her beer & nachos in the comfort of our own home, and she said "But the nachos won't be in a baseball helmet!"  

Home almost a week from vacation (Maine lobster and beach run) and not catching up on chores very well.  DS was sick before we left and has now developed an ear infection FFS.  Antibiotics have ensued.  I will get out and run today!

Sounds like a great vacation!  I hope you get caught up on your laundry and running soon, and that DS gets better with the antibiotics.

I'm headed out to meet a friend for a quick (4 mile) run.  It's all I have time for because a contractor is showing up at my house at 8AM.  So I'll be stuck at home most of the day today.

Cyberic

Baseball. I like most sports, but not baseball. I find there is no action, and it bores me.

Ran 9 at MP. 11.5 total. Nowhere near easy.

onemile

Baseball. I like most sports, but not baseball. I find there is no action, and it bores me.

It's not supposed to feel easy

Cyberic

It's not supposed to feel easy

I know, but I wish.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I am already in court and hoping it ends with enough time to see the final of the 400m hurdles final on the phone.

15 miles tonight.

Damaris

LRB

It's an acquired taste. Sort of like running.

bluerun

Super B****

BLASPHEMY!!  (Though since you're not American, maybe it isn't blasphemous.

22 trainer miles.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

I know, but I wish.

Sure, because if it did, that would mean your actual MP is a good bit faster!

LRB

BLASPHEMY!!  (Though since you're not American, maybe it isn't blasphemous.

22 trainer miles.

Yep, soccer is arguably the #1 spectator sport in the world, yet if I watch more than 5 minutes of it, I go into a boredom induced coma.

Cyberic

It's an acquired taste. Sort of like running.

When I was a kid in northern Quebec, there was no soccer. It was hockey in the winter, and baseball in the summer. Of course there were other sports like swimming, karate, and the like, but that was about it for team sports.

So I got in a baseball team. First practice, I never hit the ball. They threw it at me many many times, you know, to teach me how to do it. But I never hit the ball. There never was a second time.

When I was a young adult, I slowly started to like baseball. I had a girl friend into baseball. The Expos were doing great, and there was a big hype around here. Then MLB went on strike. Never watched a baseball game since. I did continue to sleep with the girl after that for a while.

Cyberic

Yep, soccer is arguably the #1 spectator sport in the world, yet if I watch more than 5 minutes of it, I go into a boredom induced coma.

Soccer is an acquired taste also. With both my kids into soccer, I now understand the rules and some strategies, and it makes it more interesting.

And bluerun, not liking baseball is no blasphemy around here. But only girls are allowed not to like hockey.