Beginners and Beyond

Wet Weekend Penguins (Read 10 times)

GinnyinPA

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

GinnyinPA

The fog today is worse than it was yesterday.  Tomorrow and Monday are supposed to be rainy and windy.  I have 13 miles to do.  I think I'll wait and see if the fog burns off, because I really don't think it's safe to be running rural roads with zero visibility.  If not, the TM awaits.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Sorry I didn't post yesterday or the day before but been busy at work and in a lot of pain.  Complex meniscus tear.  They gave me a shot yesterday just in case and the pain last night was unbearable.  Much better today.  Going to the surgeon Wednesday as I need this repaired soon.

Damaris

PADRunner

No rain but most of the trails are closed but I got 10 done at Cedar Ridge Preserve. Iit drains well and is usually open when others are not. It's more technical than I wanted but I got it done. Hopefully the others will dry out today si I can get 20 tomorrow on some flatter trails.

Hope the fog burns off for you Ginny.

Speedy recovery D.

GinnyinPA

The fog never did lift, but I ran outside anyway. Visibility about 100 yards was good enough. I was amazed at how many drivers didn't have lights on though. Not one of my better runs, but I did 13.2.

PAD good luck with your 20 tomorrow.  Are you training for a trail marathon or ultra?

PADRunner

The fog never did lift, but I ran outside anyway. Visibility about 100 yards was good enough. I was amazed at how many drivers didn't have lights on though. Not one of my better runs, but I did 13.2.

PAD good luck with your 20 tomorrow.  Are you training for a trail marathon or ultra?

An Ultra 50k. It's going to be on a fairly flat trail so I'm trying to keep to that. It did rain again while I was at the movies so it's not likely that any trails will be open so I guess I'll be on the paved trails.

I went to see Hidden Figures. Great movie.

PADRunner

Got my 20 done with 2 bonus miles. The trail is mostly tree lined but a couple of 1/4m sections are wide open. So a 15mph head wind gusts to 25 coming back at 13 and 15.

GinnyinPA

PAD - 22 miles - that's great.  Was it wet?

Today was a SRD. It was supposed to be all day rain, but we had a few showers early and then fog, but no rain all afternoon, so we headed out to the ski trail for a short hike. Being in the green pines and hemlocks was a nice change from gray skies and winter bare trees.

PADRunner

PAD - 22 miles - that's great.  Was it wet?

Today was a SRD. It was supposed to be all day rain, but we had a few showers early and then fog, but no rain all afternoon, so we headed out to the ski trail for a short hike. Being in the green pines and hemlocks was a nice change from gray skies and winter bare trees.

No it was on a concrete trail. All the dirt trails were closed.

Zelanie

Congrats, PAD!  You are turning into a monster runner!

I didn't run much this week.  Although I was able to run through the first few days of my head cold, even after I started feeling better, I would have a burning in my throat/lungs as I ran my streak mile.  So, I took it really easy.  Today I went out for 4 with the dogs.  We're watching Zoe tonight to see if her new pain meds have an effect on her lameness after exercise.  So far, she seems a bit better, but not 100%.