Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 27 times)

LRB

I'm tired and don't feel like running.

I probably should get my butt to bed at a decent hour tonight but wait, RETIREMENT PARTY. 

No more marathons

I've got 4 easy on the schedule, but IDK.

First day back to work, and it will be a zoo.

Also, lost my shower so will have to run after work.  sux.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 3.6, then did 20 mins on the bike.  I got my carbon fiber insole yesterday, and used it this morning.  It's strange and awkward, but not really uncomfortable.  Time will tell if it was worth the $75 it cost.

I ordered my new bike yesterday.  Time will also tell if it was worth the price.  I guess I'll have to ride it even if I end up hating bicycles Smile.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

'Morning.  4 miles done.  Hitting the road soon for four days of mountain biking in northern Vermont.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have someone coming to fix the TM after I leave work (working half day today).  Pilates, Orange Theory and a run (hopefully on the TM).  I already started asthma coughing from the fucking weather outside, so I am looking forward to breathing and running indoors to calm the lungs down a bit.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes, LRB, marathon.  I see Dave mentioned which one... Smile

Damaris

onemile

I ordered my new bike yesterday.  Time will also tell if it was worth the price.  I guess I'll have to ride it even if I end up hating bicycles Smile.

What did you get? Cannondale?

onemile

I ran 5.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

What did you get? Cannondale?

I bought a Raleigh Willard 1.  It's a gravel/all-road bike.  It is a jack of all trades, master of none type thing.  It's geared in between a road bike and MTN bike, has a more relaxed frame with a longer wheelbase than a road bike, but has 32c tires with room for 44c.  It has drop bars with disc brakes.

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwie1uSU-L_UAhXYGYEKHUzzDpcYABAAGgJ5dw&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESEeD22ws7GPRg4_ikz5OnVk1_&sig=AOD64_2Qjw1zi1n11vEw4B0zGBOZ98UslQ&q=&ved=0ahUKEwi8j9-U-L_UAhWC2SYKHW0XBykQ0QwIGw&adurl=

Runner with a riding problem.

From the Internet.

I had a really good workout last night, bodes well for the summer/fall 5Kish training block Smile My fastest workout probably ever - 5 sets of 800/200, with a 200 jog between the 8 and the 2, and a 400 jog between sets. 3:23 and worked down to 3:15 for the 800s, right around 47s for most of the 200s, 43 for the last one. After being so exhausted during marathon training and struggling to hit 3:40s for 800s, this was a really nice change.

I opted to sleep in this morning, will run 5-7 miles this afternoon when I get home.

bluerun

Super B****

25 trainer miles.  Probably going to skip climbing tonight because my elbows are starting to hate me.  Maybe I'll go buy a bag of rice and a bucket instead.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I had to drag myself out of bed this morning and through the motions of getting ready.

Head to the gym, did the last two workouts at home after my run.

No automatic alt text available.

I am not sure how it happened, the original plan was for 3 miles with Jetta... then it turned into a plan for 4 miles but we ended up running 5 miles instead.......

No automatic alt text available.

Other than the humidity and the "P" monster, it was an okay run even for a slow pace. My legs and butt were still sore but everything eased up and was doing fine from 3 miles on.

It was 70 degrees, humidity at 94% and DP at or around 68.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

25 trainer miles.  Probably going to skip climbing tonight because my elbows are starting to hate me.  Maybe I'll go buy a bag of rice and a bucket instead.

on foot or on a bike?

I know somebody (LRB or Damaris) is going to post a *face palm* emoji for my response...................

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

on foot or on a bike?

I know somebody (LRB or Damaris) is going to post a *face palm* emoji for my response...................

In a car!!  (My bike doesn't leave the trainer anymore.  I tried that a couple of months ago and nearly had a heart attack, so no thank you.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Pray tell?