Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 27 times)

DavePNW

Again blew off the early wakeup due to timezone. It may be tough to get anything in tonight since I head over to a different hotel near the airport this evening (easier for 7AM flight tomorrow), not sure what time I will make it there. Nor is there likely to be a decent running route nearby; maybe will be able to at least get a few on the hotel treadmill.

LRB: not sure if you missed my late post last night, but I did a count of ballparks visited; to the best of my memory I came up with 26.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

In a car!!  (My bike doesn't leave the trainer anymore.  I tried that a couple of months ago and nearly had a heart attack, so no thank you.)

why on Earth would you post about driving 25 miles?? Are you fucking with me??

OMG my brain is so freaking fried right now, I just want to jump back into bed and crash... just freaking crash and pass the fuck out.......

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

why on Earth would you post about driving 25 miles?? Are you fucking with me??

OMG my brain is so freaking fried right now, I just want to jump back into bed and crash... just freaking crash and pass the fuck out.......

25 trainer miles = bike on the trainer 

onemile

Again blew off the early wakeup due to timezone. It may be tough to get anything in tonight since I head over to a different hotel near the airport this evening (easier for 7AM flight tomorrow), not sure what time I will make it there. Nor is there likely to be a decent running route nearby; maybe will be able to at least get a few on the hotel treadmill.

LRB: not sure if you missed my late post last night, but I did a count of ballparks visited; to the best of my memory I came up with 26.

Now's the time to slack. MRT starts next week

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I bought a Raleigh Willard 1.  It's a gravel/all-road bike.  It is a jack of all trades, master of none type thing.  It's geared in between a road bike and MTN bike, has a more relaxed frame with a longer wheelbase than a road bike, but has 32c tires with room for 44c.  It has drop bars with disc brakes.

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwie1uSU-L_UAhXYGYEKHUzzDpcYABAAGgJ5dw&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESEeD22ws7GPRg4_ikz5OnVk1_&sig=AOD64_2Qjw1zi1n11vEw4B0zGBOZ98UslQ&q=&ved=0ahUKEwi8j9-U-L_UAhWC2SYKHW0XBykQ0QwIGw&adurl=

Mine is like that.  A bit heavier, but still good.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

25 trainer miles = bike on the trainer 

Thanks for the emoji...

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Okay... I meant I rode 25 miles on the trainer, as in, a bike trainer.  And I thought the question was whether I was going to buy the rice on a bike or on foot!!

But that's a moot point since I just bought twenty pounds of rice online, and it will be delivered to my front door.  Someday.  Now I just need a bucket.  (For this.  A trainer at the climbing gym swears it cured him of debilitating tendinitis, and I'm dubious, but it's not that hard to do, so whatever.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

Now's the time to slack. MRT starts next week

You people are killing me.

My options:

- 9/10 (12 weeks) Skagit Flats

- 10/15 (17 weeks) Snohomish River Run

The first option would be in time for Boston 2018. But I really don't feel mentally ready at this point. Or physically ready, for week 1 of any 12-week plan. Nor do I actually have a plan, unless I just do another Pfitz. If I wanted to do something like buy a McMillan custom plan online, I think I have to allow ~2 weeks to get it back.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Damn it bluerun, why would ask how you were going to buy rice?????? And 25 miles on a trainer bike thingy is still something.

And I hate that emoji.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

onemile

You people are killing me.

My options:

- 9/10 (12 weeks) Skagit Flats

- 10/15 (17 weeks) Snohomish River Run

The first option would be in time for Boston 2018. But I really don't feel mentally ready at this point. Or physically ready, for week 1 of any 12-week plan. Nor do I actually have a plan, unless I just do another Pfitz. If I wanted to do something like buy a McMillan custom plan online, I think I have to allow ~2 weeks to get it back.

I wouldn't be ready to jump into MRT so soon either. I need a good 6 weeks off from any serious training

DavePNW

I wouldn't be ready to jump into MRT so soon either. I need a good 6 weeks off from any serious training

But then you might only be able to do one marathon per year....

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Damn it bluerun, why would ask how you were going to buy rice?????? And 25 miles on a trainer bike thingy is still something.

And I hate that emoji.

Well, I don't know, why would you ask if I did 25 miles by foot or by bike when I said it was on the trainer??  I can't read other people's minds

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

But then you might only be able to do one marathon per year....

I am good with that

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My TM is fixed.  Yay.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Well, I don't know, why would you ask if I did 25 miles by foot or by bike when I said it was on the trainer??  I can't read other people's minds

You said trainer miles, I figured that was another slang for TRAINING miles. Like maybe you're training for some insane race or something, how am I supposed to know that means bike or cycle trainer thingy ? 

PRs